Why the Cowboys are primed for an NFL record 9th Super Bowl appearance (in order):
- Tony Romo - a top 3 candidate for League MVP
1a. Offensive Line - a top 3 OL in NFL
- Demarcus Ware - a top 3 candidate for Def. Player of the Year. Plays the run, pass rush and pass coverage combined as good as anyone in the league.
- Pass Rush - 2nd in the league. Ware (13.5) and Ellis (12) make up over half of our total - 43. They are both in the top 5 for sacks in the league.
- Receiving Corps - Witten is the NFL's best TE and only Randy Moss has more TDs than TO.
- One of the best tandems of young coordinators in the league: Jason Garrett will be highly coveted after this season due to his play calling and his ability to unify the offensive unit. Brian Stewart has us in the top 10 in almost every defensive category.
- Special Teams - Folk, McBriar, and Keith Davis
- Head Coach - Infused much needed personality and trust in his players to get the job done. He took the team that Parcells built - to the next level.
- Front Office - Jerry benefitted from watching Parcells over the past few years and had a GREAT off-season in Free Agency.
- One of the best young RBs in the league - Marion Barber.
This team is built to be good for several years to come. We are locking up some key pieces and have some guys "waiting in the wings" that will be contributing more in the near future: