n spanning da worldwide web for sports articles that interest me, I stumbled across a compelling piece on the Top 25 selling NFL jerseys from April Fools Day 2008 through late August 2008.
And is it any surprise that our very own Dallas Cowboys -- you know, America's Team -- is represented by several players, who most definitely deserve it based on their history of productive performances?!?!
Below is a snippet of that column – containing only “the list:”
Anyhow, here are the Top 25 NFL sellers, from April 1 - Aug. 26, 2008.
1. Brett Favre, New York Jets
2. Tony Romo, Dallas Cowboys
3. Eli Manning, New York Giants
4. Tom Brady, New England Patriots
5. Peyton Manning, Indianapolis Colts
6. Adrian Peterson, Minnesota Vikings
7. Marion Barber, Dallas Cowboys
8. LaDainian Tomlinson, S.D. Chargers
9. Ben Roethlisberger, Pittsburgh Steelers
10. Darren McFadden, Oakland Raiders
11. Brian Urlacher, Chicago Bears
12. Devin Hester, Chicago Bears
13. Terrell Owens, Dallas Cowboys
14. Jason Witten, Dallas Cowboys
15. Brian Westbrook, Philadelphia Eagles
16. Troy Polamalu, Pittsburgh Steelers
17. Randy Moss, New England Patriots
18. Osi Umenyiora, New York Giants
19. Chris Cooley, Washington Redskins
20. Reggie Bush, New Orleans Saints
21. Patrick Willis, San Francisco 49ers
22. Michael Strahan, New York Giants
23. Jay Cutler, Denver Broncos
24. DeMarcus Ware, Dallas Cowboys
25. Jason Taylor, Washington Redskins
Although none of the Cowboys represented above surprised me, I did find MB3 -- aka "Marion The Barbarian" -- at #7 as unexpected.
Now, here's a question I have for all of you. Of the five Boyz listed above, which jersey(s) do you possess in your fan gear arsenal?!?!
Me, I have D-Ware and Barber... with #9 to be my next acquisition.
If your interested in reading the story -- in its entirety -- please click this link and read on, my bruthas...