First, I am traveling and let me say I am so glad I ended up in a place where I could get the NFL Network. I am glad I wasn't watching that on some internet feed.
1. Something must be done about the kicking situation. We now have more kickers who can contribute in punt coverage than kickers who can consistently hit a 25 yard field goal.
2. The young guys are stepping up.
-- Class of 2009: Ogletree and Butler looked great
-- Class of 2008: Jenkins really developing. Scandrick sometimes look like he is regressing but I think its just that Jenkins is playing so well it overshadows him, am I wrong?
-- Class of 2007: Spencer is breaking out, Free is filling in nicely, can he ever move to the left?
3. Phillips looks great, has he lept over 'Tellus or has Bennet hit a pothole? I really thought the offseason conditioning program would make him a monster instead he is becoming a mystery.
4. Roy Williams is the most disappointing Cowboy since Roy Williams.
5. I like that the team didn't find a way to lose last night. In past years they would have, Maybe they are growing up. To prove that they need to play well the next two weeks.
6. Witten is quietly becoming the best TE ever. Not so much in terms of single day dominance, but his body of work could be like Emmett or Jerry Rice relative to the field.
7. I think this is the first time Garrett called a game that EVERYONE likes. I hope its contagious.
8. Does the emergence of Spencer mean this defense can finally play to it's potential? Last night seemed like the first time the defense helped itself out. Other games they have had pass rush or coverage, but it all synced up last night. I feel like I have been waiting 4 years for this to happen.
9. Romo has officially shut me up. Thank you Tony.
10. Bobby Carpenter lives!