This weekend has a holiday feel for Cowboys fans. Whether you are watching the draft alone at home, with some friends, or partying at the Arlington Convention Center, the #51 will be much anticipated. Will Dallas stick in that slot, or try to move up?
DMN's Todd Archer says that Jerry Jones may have a hard time staying put.
"We're going to put him in a straitjacket," executive vice president Stephen Jones joked.
For a second, Jerry Jones thought about the potential boredom of sitting on his hands for more than six hours Saturday.
"You're right," he said. "Put me in a straitjacket."
Here's something to chew on: FOX's Peter Schrager's complete seven-round mock draft.
51. Dallas - Patrick Chung, S, Oregon
69. Dallas - Pat White, QB, West Virginia
101. Dallas - Mike Wallace, WR, Ole Miss
117. Dallas - Alex Boone, OT, Ohio State
156. Dallas - Quan Cosby, WR, Texas
166. Dallas - Ryan Mouton, CB, Hawaii
172. Dallas - Augustus Parrish, OT, Kent State
197. Dallas - Andrew Gardner, OT, Georgia Tech
208. Dallas - Brandon Underwood, S, Cincinnati
210. Dallas - Graham Harrell, QB, Texas Tech
227. Dallas - Jamarko Simmons, WR, Western Michigan
Dallas needs to do a better job drafting offensive linemen.
Tony Romo and Baltimore's Joe Flacco were quarterbacks found from colleges not necessarily known for producing pro players, let alone starting QBs. Their successes may help open the doors for this year's crop of obscure gun-slingers.