Seems every team, in addition to talent and chemistry, finds that extra spark from a guy that captures magic in a bottle. Bill Bates comes to mind as one of those players capable of motivating the entire team with one solid HIT. The Cowboys' roster seems to be overflowing with guys poised for break-out seasons, but who will be the MAN that stands out as giving the Boys that extra spark in 2009?
1. MBIII - The 2007 spark epitomized by his run against the Patriots, shoving aside tacklers, avoiding a safety and gaining a few yards.
2. Felix - The 2008 phenom potential, only to be lost early to injury, Jones has the tools.
3. Austin - Mere flashes last year left Cowboys fans wanting more.
4. Romo - From his first start - the nationally televised Sunday Night game against the Panthers - he's shown the talent it takes to win big... and thus single-handedly upped all Cowboys fans' expectations.
5. Sensabaugh - There's a reason Jags fans are sorry to say good-bye to their 2008 defensive spark ... given his surrounding talent, he may prove even better in big D.
6. Demarcus Ware / Anthony Spencer - It's easy to pick Ware as the guy; we practically expect it from him. But what if he were to take his already dominant game to an even higher level? With Ware garnering attention, don't be surprised if Spencer takes full advantage of the starting role he's assuming... If he gets double-digit sacks, this team will thrive.
7. The Rookies - Hodge, Williams, Hamlin, Bueller, etc... any one of the rookies could put the "special" into our kicking game. I must admit, I've only watched limited footage of these guys (mostly on Draft weekend), so I cannot pick one guy... but the expectations for this rookie group are already raising at BTB and throughout Cowboy land.
Who's your choice? Who would you add to the list?