The NFL’s 4:00 pm EDT trade deadline is fast approaching and we've been hearing some persistent rumors and rumblings over the last couple of days. Here are a few of the rumors and reports that were floating around this weekend:
- Bills WR Lee Evans to the Rams or Chiefs
- Texans RB Steve Slaton to the Redskins
- ESPN reports that all Oakland Raiders players are available before the deadline
- Panthers WR Steve Smith is not available for a trade, while the Chargers' WR Vincent Jackson may be.
- Mum's the word on Patriots G Logan Mankins and Redskins DT Haynesworth
ESPN Milwaukee reports that a Cowboys Packers deal may be in the works:
An NFL source said the Packers have had talks with the Dallas Cowboys about “one of” their running backs. The 1-4 Cowboys rotate Felix Jones, Tashard Choice and Marion Barber, and ESPN’s Chris Mortensen reported Sunday morning that it’s Barber that the Packers and Cowboys have discussed.
NFL.com reports that several executives around the league said they do not anticipate much activity ahead of today's 4:00 p.m. trade deadline. Will the Cowboys make a move today?