First off, happy turkey day to all!
Below are my projection for the AFC and NFC playoff seedings:
AFC Playoff Projection
In the AFC, it seems like either PIT, NE or BAL with OAK as a sleeper.
- Steelers: 12-4. I only see a loss @ SF for them
- Patriots: 12-4. I see NE winning out except @ Philly or vs. DEN
- Raiders: 10-6. As a Broncos fan this pains me, but Oakland's talent level should have them favored for 4-6 more wins, except @ GB and @ DET
- Texans: 10-6. Leinart is a career backup and I do not trust Kubiak
- Ravens: 11-5. Could be 12-4, but @ SD and @ CIN will be hard
- Bengals: CIN is the leader right now but if they go 9-7 expect, DEN to beat them in a tiebreak.
If DEN beats SD this weekend they should be 10-6. TEN is too up/down. NYJ, PHI, NYG, WAS could all beat them.
NFC Playoff Projections
In the NFC, GB is the clear favorite followed by SF, NO and DAL/DET. So buckle up, it should fun.
- Packers: 15-1. If they win Thursday, 16-0
- 49ers: 14-2. Kudos on beating this team
- Saints: 11-5
- Cowboys: 10-6. If you spilt with the NYG you should win the East
- Lions: 11-5
- Falcons: 10-6
Why no Bears? Well, OAK and DEN are very good now and I see two Bears losses against the trio of GB, MIN and SEA. With Orton replacing Cutler for the time being, the Bears lack the throws needed in a Martz offense, and Orton is not strong in a 2-min offense.