Romo has not had the kind of year so far we all hoped he would. And probably every fan wanted to murder him in cold blood after the Jet game. After the Detroit game, cold blooded murder wasn't harsh enough. And he certainly hasn't been all that electric in the last few weeks.
The people that hate Romo must not remember what it was like before Romo. Scoring seemed like a miracle.
But let's put this season into perspective.
1. Both of his wide receivers have been injured.
2. He's got a new offensive line, that has also be plagued with injuries
3. He had broken ribs
4. Until Murray, there was NO running game.
5. The reason his ribs were broken is that defenses were pounding him
6. His number two receiver last year (Roy Williams) is playing in Detroit, with Sam Hurd
7. Dez doesn't run the right route
A couple of years ago, after the TO debacle, Jerry Jones talked about making the Cowboys more "Romo friendly." Last year, they were so friendly they got his collar bone broken. This year, it was cracked ribs.
I"m thinking Romo friendly would have something to do with Tony taking a seven step drop and having all day to find a receiver, like Tom Brady does. Another friendly thing would be having a running back who could punch it in from the 1 yard line. Another would be a wide out who knew the playbook.
I hope Romo hasn't been forced to retire before Jerry Jones finally honors his own commitment to make the Cowboys Romo friendly.