FanShot

NFL players allegedly need loans already

From the article:"Players from at least 16 NFL teams have turned to short-term loans with high interest rates as a way to keep cash flowing amid the month-old lockout, ThePostGame.com reported Tuesday. The NFL Players Association started payments to players from its lockout "war chest" nearly two weeks ago, but according to the report many players are still in need of the risky loans. As many as 10 percent of the NFL's nearly 1,800 players have already signed off on such loans, and at least another 20 percent are in the process of doing so, according to a prominent financial adviser who spoke to ThePostGame.com on condition of anonymity." Not sure how accurate this information is coming from an anonymous source. It would seem extreme to me that so many players (allegedly 10% now and another 20% soon, totaling 30% of the league!!) already are in need of loans. Also, and maybe you guys can help me out here, even if there was no lock-out what payments would these guys be getting in the off-season anyway?? Aren't the vast majority of their wages paid in game cheques? I know some players have bonuses this time of year but I don't see how almost 30% of the league could be short of cash because of that. If there is substantial truth to the article it's a terrible sign for the players. For now, I'm taking this report with a large grain of salt.

X
Log In Sign Up

forgot?
Log In Sign Up

Forgot password?

We'll email you a reset link.

If you signed up using a 3rd party account like Facebook or Twitter, please login with it instead.

Forgot password?

Try another email?

Almost done,

Join Blogging The Boys

You must be a member of Blogging The Boys to participate.

We have our own Community Guidelines at Blogging The Boys. You should read them.

Join Blogging The Boys

You must be a member of Blogging The Boys to participate.

We have our own Community Guidelines at Blogging The Boys. You should read them.

Spinner.vc97ec6e

Authenticating

Great!

Choose an available username to complete sign up.

In order to provide our users with a better overall experience, we ask for more information from Facebook when using it to login so that we can learn more about our audience and provide you with the best possible experience. We do not store specific user data and the sharing of it is not required to login with Facebook.

tracking_pixel_9341_tracker