In 2011 (& 2012) we'll pay penance for our cap sins of the past. 2010 we paid for Big Bill and Wade but this year will be different.
I've been saying for a loooong time that more than anything, our problems since Jimmy have been mostly due to being utterly out-coached and out-gameplanned.
Now, im no OCC, so my meager effort here will not be a masterpiece of analytical exposition,
But I've noticed a few things
1) we are always highly penalized: almost 7/game last year
2) we are usually unprepared: Santana Moss keeps killing us WHYYYYYY????????
3) we never draft with the big picture in mind: 2009
4) we never win the turnover battle
5) we are relatively bad at home: especially last year
6) we lack vocal leadership
7) we never allowed a true youth movement
This is just one example/category.
BUT, this year is different in all respects. And it comes down to a couple of things, Tony Romo's maturity and most especially JG's impact as HC and in the draft.
My starters in 2011:
D: Jenkins Ware Olshansky Ratliff Spears Spencer Scandrick (Newman if healthy)
O: Austin Free Kosier Gurode Arkin Smith Witten Bryant
What y'all think???