[Because this is specifically about our community here on BTB, I'm posting this as a Fanpost, and not as a frontpage article.)
The folks at SB Nation have been working hard to improve both the performance and the handling of the new site desing. Early on Thursday morning, they released a series of updates to fix bugs, clean a few things up, and restore certain features. A lot of the changes implemented are a direct result of your feedback, and you'll see that a lot of the features you wanted back are now available again. Here's a rundown of the most visible changes:
- The number of recommended and recent Fanposts on the homepage has been increased: The Fanposts bar now once again lists the top 5 (previously 2) most recommended Fanposts, and has been expanded to feature 15 Fanposts (previously only 10)
- The author, number of comments and perhaps most importantly, the number of new comments are now properly highlighted on the Fanpost bar.
- The legibility of the Fanposts and Fanshot bars was improved via some new styles.
- The Fanposts page now once again features the Fanpost's author.
- The recent activity list on a user profile now again shows the name of the article/fanpost/thread a comment was made in.
- The cover now has the author names under the story titles.
- An indicator was added to show if articles or features on the frontpage originate from another SB Nation site.
- Polls can again be added to FanPosts.
- The Shift-A keyboard shortcut for comments in large threads has been fixed.
- Facebook login issues were fixed
- Significant upgrades were implemented for the mobile site.
- A bug in the new comment counts on the front page has been fixed.
- A rec button was added to frontpage articles
- Plus many other assorted bug fixes and upgrades.
None of this is a secret of course, and if you're interested, you can review the full version history here.
We trust that the changes implemented address some of the key concerns you've voiced over the last couple of weeks and will go a long way to make your visit to BTB even more enjoyable.
But it doesn't end here. The technical team still has more work scheduled, including "substantial changes" based on more member feedback as well as data on how people are currently navigating the new design. So if you have queries, suggestions and improvement ideas, continue to address them to email@example.com. Chances are you may see them implemented in a future release.