Matthew Emmons-US PRESSWIRE
If you're still not participating in the Blogging The Boys' Pick 6 challenge, join us now for a chance at fantasy football glory as you compete against BTB's writers and readers.
Last week, 96 BTB members took part in our BTB Pick 6 Football game, and if you haven't joined the game, it's high time that you did. There is no easier fantasy football game around, and the best part is that if you suck one week, it doesn't matter because the lineups reset every week and everybody starts from scratch again.
You can enter and leave at any time for a chance at fantasy football glory as you compete against BTB's writers and readers. Simply pick six different players (QB, RB, WR, TE, K, Wildcard) with a capped fantasy budget. You can pick anyone you want as long as you stay within your budget.
The challenge of beating a frontpage writer was a little harder than usual last week, as I surprisingly finished in the Top Ten. But not to worry, Dave overcompensated and finished 66th out of 96 to make sure enough participants got bragging rights over a BTB writer.
If you want to see your name in the bright BTB lights and revel in the glory of your fantasy football acumen, join the contest and enter your picks before Week 9 kicks off on Thursday night. Click on the banner below and you'll be taken directly to the Pick 6 welcome page, where you can select the players to fit your fantasy budget.
In my futile attempt to replicate a Top Ten finish, here are my picks for Week 9:
- QB Cam Newton (CAR - $35.50) - Newton is going up against the Redskins who boast a defense that can't seem to stop anybody; they're giving up over 400 yards per game, the fourth most in the league and their 314 passing yards allowed per game are the worst in the league. Newton will throw a lot, and score a lot, which should make him a great bargain in what looks likely to be a shootout in Charlotte.
- RB Rashad Jennings (JAC - $14.00) - Jacksonville is pitiful. But they have one thing going for them - they will get about 60 offensive snaps against the Lions this weekend, and they'll have to give somebody the ball. That somebody could well be Jennings, who has become the go-to-guy in Maurice Jones-Drew's absence, and could easily see 20+ touches. He should be able to do something with that against the Lions, who've allowed an average of 150 rushing yards in their last two games.
- WR Steve Smith (CAR - $23.75) - Newton has got to throw the ball somewhere. Might as well be Smith.
- TE Brandon Myers (OAK - $2.50) - The Raiders are playing Tampa Bay, the second worst passing defense in the league. Myers is bound to get some touches and may even get his first TD of the season - plus he's really cheap and I've exhausted my fantasy budget.
- K Panthers looks like it could be a high-scoring affair. Forbath should get a couple of FG attempts. (WAS - $0.50) - Redskins @
- Wildcard: WR Brandon Marshall (PHI - $40.75) - Titans secondary and Marshall is far and away his favorite target. can pout all he wants, but he will carve apart the hapless
You think you can do better? At least half of you probably will, but make like I'm from Missouri and ... Show Me! Click here to get your team going.