Join us in our BTB pick 6 football game for a chance to show up some of the frontpage writers and earn a spot on the BTB top ten leaderboard.
The Master Chief himself rang the bell for last week's BTB Pick 6 Football contest, and 81 of you heeded the call. And you were rewarded handsomely, as all but five participants beat at least one front-page writer, and 59 of you beat all three participating writers. That wasn't too hard to do though, as Coty finished 60th, Dave came in 68th and I mopped up the contest in 76th place.
At the top of the rankings this week we have BTB member MicThaRock, who garnered 79.4 points for the win. Mic had the good fortune to pick Joe Flacco and Panthers TE Greg Olsen for his team, and was wise enough to invest a wildcard in Dez Bryant.
You may not make it onto the top ten leaderboard when you sign up, but there's a good chance you'll do better than one of us front-pagers in this contest, so submit your picks today.
By now you should already know how the game works: You pick six different players (QB, RB, WR, TE, K, Wildcard) with a capped fantasy budget. You can pick anyone you want as long as you stay within your budget. There is no simpler fantasy football game around, and everybody starts from scratch every week. You can enter and leave at any time for a chance to see your name in the bright lights here on BTB.
Join the contest and enter your picks before Week 11 kicks off on Thursday night for a chance to see your name on the BTB leaderboard. Click on the banner below and you'll be taken directly to the Pick 6 welcome page, where you can select the players to fit your fantasy budget.
Here are my picks for Week 11:
- QB Carson Palmer (OAK - $14.00) - Palmer has been on fire the last three games, throwing for 991 yards and 8 TDs, while the Saints pass defense has the worst defensive passer rating in the league. That should make for lots of fantasy points. And at $14, he's a steal.
- RB Steven Jackson (STL - $19.50) - The Jets are the 3rd worst run defenders, and the Rams should exploit this. Jackson may not be the feature back anymore, but he still got 23 touches against the 49ers last week.
- WR Denarius Moore (OAK - $24.75) - Palmer will have to throw the ball somewhere, why not to his number one receiver?
- TE Jimmy Graham (NO - $33.75) - Drew Brees will find his targets against the Raiders, and Graham could benefit from a few receptions in the endzone
- K Kai Forbath (WAS - $1.00) - The former Cowboy could get a lot of scoring opportunities against the Eagles.
- Wildcard: WR Dez Bryant (DAL - $22.50) - Tony Romo likes Dez Bryant. The Cowboys should have a lot of red zone opportunities on Sunday, and Bryant should feature prominently in all of them.
Think you can do better than that? Of course you can. Click here to select your team with which to beat me and the other frontpagers.