Time to prep for the draft on BTB.
It's a lazy Saturday morning, there probably won't be much breaking Cowboys news today and free agency won't start until Tuesday. What better time for some mock draft fun?
The challenge for you: Create a Dallas Cowboys Mock Draft.
This is the second time this year we're doing this exercise, after doing our first one in January. So go ahead, create your Mock Draft for the Dallas Cowboys and submit it for a peer review by your Blogging The Boys peers. The BTB community will hand out recommendations for those mocks they like the most and I will feature the top vote-getters and their mocks in a front page post next week.
But wait. There are rules. You can't just pick whatever players you like. The rules after the break:
- We will use Drafttek's Mock Draft from March 10, 2012 as the basis for all mock drafts. Drafttek will put up a new mock on Monday, so get your mock done by then. This is strictly a weekend exercise.
- We will assume that all draft-eligible players will be available at exactly the spot the Drafttek Mock Draft puts them at.
- Dallas owns the no. 14, 45, 82, 113, 144, 175 and 213 picks. No compensatory picks awarded yet.
- You pick at your exact spot or anywhere below that (e.g. 14th or anywhere from 15 to 25 or so)
- You cannot trade down, because it would be too easy to trade to the exact spot your prospect is sitting at.
- You may however trade up using this handy draft pick value calculator und the draft value chart immediately below it. The value you give up in the trade up must be equal to or greater than the value you receive, e.g. your 14th (1,100 pts) and your 45th (450 pts) picks could get you the 7th pick (1,500 pts).
As you read through the comments section below, look for mocks that you like and rec' them (Press the action link at the bottom of the comment box, then press the Rec button next to the star). Remember, the best mocks will be featured on the front page, so put some thought into your mock.
I'll start it off with the following mock draft:
1. (15) Luke Kuechly, ILB, Boston College
2. (45) Kevin Zeitler, OG/OC, Wisconsin
3. (99) Harrison Smith, SS, Notre Dame
4. (118) Josh Robinson, CB, Central Florida
TRADE pick 144 +213 (41.2) for pick 42 (35)
5. (142) Jamell Fleming, CB, Oklahoma
6. (188) Ryan van Bergen, DE, Michigan
You wouldn't give up a seventh round pick to move up a few spots in the fifth? Go ahead and show us your mock.