The Owners have approved the following rule changes for this season:
1. Exansion of Playoff OT rules to regular season
2. Loss of down penalty for illegally kicking a loose ball
3. Too many men in formation a dead-ball foul
4. Recipient of a crack-back block now a defenseless player
5. Replay officials intitiate reviews of certain turnovers.
They disapproved the expansion of the horse-collar tackle to QBs in the pocket (proposed by Steelers of all people...) and replays will still be viewed on the sidelines, not in the booth.
They have tabled by-law proposals for the 90-man roster limit, the IR exception that would allow a player to return later in the season, and moving the trade deadline to week 8.