Finally, we are only 2 days away from NFL fans' Christmas in April. Like so many on this site(which is why I love you guys), I am a draft fanatic. I've had two other versions of my Mock Draft, one right after the season, My Reconstruction Plan
, and one right before free agency, Let's Get This Dynasty Thing Reloaded
. Now, that we've been through the beginning of free agency and in my opinion done a great job of filling some holes. We can go into the draft looking to add impact players.
As in the others I will use the Draftek Mock Draft to make my picks, so without further ado after the jump here comes the mock.
1. (14) Mark Barron S Alabama -- I seriously thought about pulling a trade here and moving down, but Barron has grown on me in recent weeks. He provides a considerable upgrade at the safety position, and can become a leader for this young secondary.
2. (45) Shea McClellin OLB Boise State -- I'm don't think he makes it this far, but if he does, I jump all over this pick. He can be brought along slowly in hopes that he will be Spencer's replacement next year.
3. (81) Brandon Brooks OG Miami (OH) -- We missed out on DeCastro and zeitler, but this guy isn't a shabby consolation prize. A "dancing bear" is the best description. He's a mobile mauler, just what we need on this renovated OLine.
4. (113) Derek Wolfe DT Cinncinati -- Active 5 techinique that can get penetration into the pocket and hold his own against run.
4. (135) Jamell Fleming CB Oklahoma -- I think this guy has been in every one of my mocks. I believe he is an underrated prospect and if we can get him at the end of the 4th will be a steal.
5. (152) Bruce Irvin OLB West Virginia -- If the so-called character concerns push him back this far, I'd be happy to pick him up and turn him over to Calvin Hill and his staff. the combination of Demarcus Ware and Hill will straigten him out, and we get a premier talent at rushing the passer on the cheap.
6. (186) Chris Greenwood CB Albion -- Nice size/speed ration CB from a small school.
7. (222) george Bryan TE NC State -- good all around TE. Blocks well, and catches everything, only drawback is speed, but has the smarts to find space in the zone.
Can't wait for this weekend!!!
Another user-created commentary provided by a BTB reader.