I don't edit videos and post them for my benefit. I've seen all of these videos several times. The reason that I'm posting this video that I made is so that the people who don't have the 2011 footage on their laptops or NFL Game Rewind can rehash what happened last season. It's for the people who haven't seen a Cowboys game since January first of this year.
This stuff takes quite a bit of time to put together but I truly do it because I want to make sure that the Dallas Cowboys fans are truly the most educated fans in the NFL. This one was requested by a few people.
Video after the jump...
This is a video of ll 36 times that Romo was sacked last year. The intention is for you to use it to formulate opinions. There are two sacks where the video cuts before Tony Romo was tackled but you are still able to see the protection reak down.
I just want to note a few things:
- Tony Romo was sacked 36 times, Stephen McGee 3, Jon Kitna 0
- I'm the furthest thing from a Romo hater but he seemed to hold the ball too long on a lot of these
- He also seemed to panic when pressure hadn't even arrived on a few. Understandable considering some of the O-line mistakes.
- The broken ribs and hurt hand plays were not sacks but both were a result of poor protection.
- Romo was sacked 11 times in 8 wins (1.375 per game) and 25 times in 8 losses (3.125). That's a telling stat.
- Romo was sacked 8 times in Cowboys Stadium (1 per game) and 28 times in road games (3.5). There's the home-field advantage that people complain about.
- Throwing out the second Eagles game where he only threw 2 passes, Tony Romo played great in the final 6 games he started and finished despite being sacked a David Carr-esque 21 times through six games.
- In the most important game of the season, with an injured throwing hand, the offensive line gave up a season high 6 sacks. That's disgusting.
- In games where Romo was sacked more than 3 times the team averaged 17 points and were 1-4.
- Romo was not sacked in 3 games. In those games he also did not turn the ball over.
Hope you enjoyed.