This year just has a different feel. Garrett has had two off seasons to bring in RKGs and get rid of aging, entitled, over-payed/ under performing players. We've had three straight good drafts, and we had one of our best free agents periods ever. Here are my top five reasons why this year is different:
5. Bruce Carter- If he is 3/4 as good as Sean Lee, that will be really good. We have been old and slow in the middle and having two athletic LBs in the middle of our 3-4 will improve our D a lot.
4. Change in attitude/culture- There is so much competition and so many RKGs on this team now. Sense of entitlement is gone, and we finally have a little swagger and passion.
3. DEZ!- Look out world because Dez is finally figuring things out. We already know that he has all the talent in the world, and he is finally starting to get the mental part of the game down. 80/ 1350/ 15 is a real possibility for Dez this year.
2. Pick Six and Carr- The Cowboys added the top CB in the draft AND in free agency. Think about that for a minute. Not only did we add talented CBs, we added CBs who fit Rob Ryan's system, and we will be able to play man press (instead of having Newman line up 10 yards off of the ball) which will improve all areas of our defense especially pass rush.
1. Antonio Ramiro "Tony"Romo- Yep, I did it. I said it. Tony Romo will be the reason why this team wins at least one playoff game this season. Mr. Romo has been a lightning rod during his time here in Dallas, but truth of the matter is that he is a darn good QB. Everyone loves to give Romo all the blame, but he is definitely part of the solution and not part of the problem. Romo is coming off of a career best season where he posted a QB rating of 102.5. More importantly, Romo limited his interceptions to ten. There were games where Romo put this team on his back, and he gave this team a chance to win. Think about that Dolphins game when Romo was pressured almost every play and he made something happen. Even in loses against the Giants and Cardinals, Romo put this team in a position to kick a game winning/ tying field goal. I see Romo finally taking that next step and shutting up the critics this year.
It's July, and I'm drinking lots of Koolaid, but I really do think that this year is gonna be different.