In response to a previous fan post that states the exact opposite of my title, I'm submitting my 5 reason's Dallas will win come Wed. night in the trashlands. I first would like to say that the original post of 5 reason's we will lose was a well thought out and argued post. I'll also submit that mine is not going to be all that well thought out & shouldn't be considered a direct repsonse to said original post. I dont totally disagree with some of the points he's making but the fact that SB champs are 11-0 in the following season's opener just means they are due for a long awaited L in my opinion. Follow my on the fly insight after the jump for my 5 Reason's the Cowboys WILL WIN come 9/5/12.
1. Dallas Secondary : The addition of Carr and the release of Newman are like a double whammy of joy! Releasing Newman alone was a great start, often picked on by other teams QB's, Eli should have sent him a new car based on how easy it was for him to target whoever Tnew was suppossed to be covering. ( I dont count being 12-15 yards off the line covering anyone). With no easy target to focus on & the addition of our own NEW CARR, there will be no easy first read to whoever Newman is covering on the downs we blitz. Carr should be able to lock down Nicks or Cruz whoever Rob chooses I'm assuming Mo will get a lil more help from a S on his side on the guy Carr isn't on and Scan should be able to hold down whichever JAG Ny puts in the slot now that Manningham is gone.
2. Dallas ILB Situation: Often overlooked but in the same breath as releasing TNew, just as important was getting rid of James & Brooking. Two ILB's that have been serious liabilities in coverage over the past few years of their careers. How many third & 8 or more have we seen some TE or RB beating one of those two for a gain just big enough for the first down. Even Brook struggled more and more against the run as well. With Carter now in place to start & Connor as his back up I believe we will be far better in coverage overall with them & the new additions at CB. We should also be a better blitzing team from that position with Carter's speed, now Connor has had a tough camp but Im gonna assume he'll be much better than James or Brook especially in coverage.
3. O line / Vickers: This is of course a main source of concern for everyone. O line that is, and while I worry as well I believe this line will be better overall than last years. I base that on belief that this will be a better run blocking O line. I believe JG will try to run a lil more this year if we are effective early enough in the season. By doing so this should slow the opposition's pass rush as well as their blitzes. Behind that O line last year that was by all accounts barely serviceable considering week 2 broken ribs for Romo, he still went out & had his best statistical season to date. Luckily we have a QB who can make up for O line mistakes....most times anyway. Vickers should also help our run game as well so I'm basing better overall O line play on the thinking that our run game should be better overall. Not the youglies fault they were thrown to the fire, the youth movement had to start on the line at some point. But Big Mac & Big Livin together with Vickers gives me confidence enough that the line play will be better overall. Also hoping those vets being in there cut down on the tremendous amounts of penalties that some of the youngsters in the middle tended to pick up.
4. Team Attitude/Confidence: Although there hasn't been alot of talk coming from Cowboys players, when they do speak they all seem to have the same kind of sentiments. Ware " Ready for NY", Romo " I've been ready to play NY" Witten " We didn't like the way the season ended last year". All those quotes are paraphrased fyi. Now this is our core and this is what to expect but you have to think that our guys our chomping at the bit to get at these lil giants. I think one thing that can go overlooked is TEAM Confidence. it's one thing to have confidence in your own abilities but is quite another to have it in your teammates. I think we've all been witness to a Cowboys team, especially defensively that has been lacking Team Confidence. Did guys like Ware & Rat really feel good about Newman starting at CB last year ya think? But they are their teammates & we had no better options so it's not like calling them out would have done any good. I feel like not only will the new adds/releases on Defense & Offense help at those positions, but I feel it will elevate the total Team Confidence. For example Ware or Rat or Ant not overplaying or overpursuing something in fear of, if we dont get to Eli in 3 seconds Newman is toast. It's amazing how much trust in your teammates can do for your overall unit and I think this is why some have said Dallas cant close games or is mentally weak. It's been due to a lack of trust of certain starters on both Units, mainly on the Defensive side.
5. Giants Situation: It's almost set up for them to lose. No one expects Dallas to go up there & get a win so pressure will be on them. SB winners are 11-0 in the following regular season opener...DUE for an L! They are just as injured if not more than we are right now, at least we should be getting most guys back for that game. Their O line stinks too, their running game has been absent. Their secondary should play like ours from last year with who they'll be trotting out there. Lastly outside of the draft they lost better players than were added. Say what you want about Jacobs, back up, la la la, but he tended to have big games & big plays against us. Manningham was also a big loss for them, now you can focus on Cruz & Nicks cuz you know Tardmellus aint gonna beat ya, not scared of any 3rd WR they can throw out eating up Scan.
Well those are my 5 reason's we're gonna go up to New Jersey and beat the "New York?" VaGiants, so what do you think BTB faithful, do I have valid points? Am I just a moronic homer? Or have I been smashed with Tom on Cowboys Kool Aid for days now? We'll all find out Wed 9/5/12