It seems like forever since Cowboys fans got to sit back and enjoy a Sunday full of football without having to worry about their team's fortunes. Week One, what a distant memory.
Week Four continues and tries to pick up where Week Three left off; barnburners and statement games galore. For fantasy footballers and gamblers alike; things were pretty interesting. In FF, the Top 6 Quarterbacks were Ben Roethlisberger, Andy Dalton, Jake Locker, Matt Schaub, Joe Flacco and Andrew Luck. The Top 5 running backs included Mikel LeShoure and Andre Brown.
For gamblers, woah... were things interesting. Three overtime games with two of them in contests that had a one-score spread. For some reason, it took Vegas until Week Four to realize that the Saints are a shipwreck; but if you listened to me last week you could have cashed in big.
Although I finished last week 9-7 against the spread, I feel like I'm hitting my stride. Of my seven losses, one was the Dolphins missing an overtime field goal and another was the horrific Green Bay-Seattle ending. Add in there I had the Colts straight up in a few parlays (Gabbert-Shorts 80 yard TD with 45 seconds left!?!?) and utopia avoided me last week.
Before we get into the Fantasy stuff, let's go to the Prognosticator's Big Board. A couple notes, since Dallas plays on Monday night. In 2012, the "Under" is now 7-0 on Weeknight games (Mon + Thur). Also, non-NFCE road teams are 1-4 straight up on weeknight road contests (Dallas, NY Giants both won on the road). That leads me to believe that Dallas should win a low scoring contest. Maybe, 20-16.
Started the week off right on Thursday night, going three-for-three.
|Cleveland @ BALTIMORE||1p||Browns||12||RAVENS||43.5||RAVENS||Browns||Under|
|New England @ BUFFALO||1p||BILLS||3.5||Patriots||50.5||BILLS||BILLS||Over|
|Minnesota @ DETROIT||1p||Vikings||4||LIONS||48.5||LIONS||Vikings||Over|
|Carolina @ ATLANTA||1p||Panthers||7||FALCONS||48.5||FALCONS||FALCONS||Under|
|San Francisco @ NY JETS||1p||JETS||4||49ers||41||49ers||49ers||Over|
|San Diego @ KANSAS CITY||1p||CHIEFS||1.5||Chargers||44||Chargers||Chargers||Over|
|Tennessee @ HOUSTON||1p||Titans||11.5||TEXANS||44.5||TEXANS||TEXANS||Under|
|Seattle @ ST. LOUIS||1p||RAMS||3||Seahawks||39||Seahawks||Seahawks||Under|
|Miami @ ARIZONA||405p||Dolphins||4.5||CARDINALS||40.5||CARDINALS||CARDINALS||Over|
|Oakland @ DENVER||405p||Raiders||7||BRONCOS||48||BRONCOS||Raiders||Under|
|Cincinnati @ JACKSONVILLE||405p||JAGUARS||1||Bengals||44.5||Bengals||Bengals||Under|
|New Orleans @ GREEN BAY||425p||Saints||7.5||PACKERS||53||PACKERS||PACKERS||Under|
|Washington @ TAMPA BAY||425p||Redskins||2||BUCS||47.5||Redskins||Redskins||Under|
|NY Giants @ PHILADELPHIA||830p||Giants||2.5||EAGLES||47||EAGLES||EAGLES||Over|
|Chicago @ DALLAS||M835p||Bears||3.5||COWBOYS||41.5||COWBOYS||COWBOYS||Under|
|CBS Week 4 Rankings||Bears||Avg Rank||Cowboys||Avg Rank|
|Quarterback||Jay Cutler||25||Tony Romo||17|
|Running Back||Matt Forte||25||DeMarco Murray||11|
|RB 2||Michael Bush||32|
|Wide Receiver||Brandon Marshall||28||Miles Austin||15|
|WR 2||Alshon Jeffery||51||Dez Bryant||27|
|TE||Kellen Davis||24||Jason Witten||20|
|K||Robbie Gould||12||Dan Bailey||21|
- WR Pierre Garcon looks like he will give it a go; I still wouldn't start him until I see proof he's healthy.
- Reggie Bush is uncertain; early game so you can wait until the last minute to make sure he suits up and is getting the start.
- WR Dwayne Bowe and TE Rob Gronkowski are both playing despite late additions to injury reports.
- WR Hakeem Nicks is out with a knee. He has two, only one is working. This sucks for his owners. Don't be surprised in Domenique Hixon is the benefactor this week instead of Ramses Barden. And yes, this upgrades Martellus Bennett who should already be a starter if you own him.
- RB Matt Forte is expected to play on Monday night.
- K Nate Kaeding is out. Don't be the guy starting a injured kicker.
- CBS' Jaime Eisenberg's Start'Em / Sit'Em column for Week 4
- KFFL.com PPR Running Back Rankings
- ESPN's Matthew Berry's Love/Hate
Also, don't forget to get your KDP 10 for 10 entries in! If you played Thursday night, you have nine picks to go. If ou didn't, pick 10 of the remaining 14 games and see what you can do! Click here to jump to that post.