After one week, and the chance to see every NFC team in action, it looks like it's going to be VERY competitive for the 6 open playoff spots in our conference. These are the 10 teams that I think have a chance, based on pre-season expectations and/or their play today.
1. SF 49ers. Beat GB on the road. In the weakest division. Looks like a lock.
2. GB Packers. 15-1 last year. Didn't look invincible today. But hard to see how they would miss out.
3. Atlanta Falcons. Playoff team last couple of years. Crushed KC today.
5. Dallas Cowboys. Impressive win on road against Giants. New defense. Romo and running game.
6. Chicago Bears. Cutler healthy again, with Brandon Marshall and receivers. Solid D.
7. Philadelphia Eagles. Loaded with speed offensively. Ferocious pass rush. Looked bad today against Cleve.
8. Washington Redskins. Scored 40 in RGIII debut, beating NO in NO. Defense also impressive.
9. New York Giants. Super Bowl champs. Lost opener. Horrible secondary. But will get players back.
This is a dangerous list of NFC competitors, especially if all the QBs stay healthy. It seems solid enough that to be sure of making the playoffs, the Cowboys will need to win the NFC East. I've included Washington after today's game, which was VERY impressive against a New Orleans team that was 8-0 at home last year and torched just about everyone with 40+ points.
Which 4 do you think won't make the playoffs this year?