10) The Defense has been playing their hearts out, and still have a chance to get better for the 2nd half of the season. They need a visit from the Health Fairy.
8) J.J. Wilcox is really good, and was dearly missed against the Lions. Rewind to the 4th quarter against the Lions. Defense is already down to 1 out of 4 starters on the D-Line, then they get to play with 1 starter out of the secondary (J.J. Wilcox, Barry Church, and Morris Claiborne were all OUT). No wonder Detroit looked like the 2013 Denver Broncos.
7) Bill Callahan and Jason Garrett better start getting a bit more aggressive. With the Defense that the Cowboys have, a 14 point lead is not safe until there is 00:06 left on the clock in the 4th quarter. Time to start adapting and realize that you're going to have to score 35+ a game to win.
6) It's time, once he is healthy, to start OLB DeVonte Holloman over Justin Durant. Holloman has shown that he has this knack for being at the right place at the right time, which is called being instinctive and that is something that cannot be coached. Give him a shot and see if the LB's are set for the next 4-5 years. Sean Lee is Divine.
5) CB Morris Claiborne is improving by leaps and bounds the last few games. Too bad he hurt his hammy-hopefully he'll be back very soon. Orlando Scandrick is much better in the slot.
4) The RB situation is not good. DeMarco Murray is an above average RB when healthy, which is typically for 8 games a season. Randle looks like a serviceable RB and has some burst, but doesn't remind me of the next Alfred Morris. With less than 24 hours to go to the trade deadline, I'm still holding out hope that the Cowboys trade for Maurice Jones-Drew, with MJD agreeing to something like a 2 year, $6 Million contract with incentives to where he could earn more. I still say that MJD would be extrememely happy to be traded to a playoff contender, and would help this team in a HUGE way. I'm talking about helping in a 'Emmitt returns to an 0-2 1993 Cowboys team and turns them around' type help. MJD has power AND he can actually juke and make defenders miss in the open field. That's something none of the Cowboys backs have shown they can do.
3) DeMarcus Ware, please get healthy! A pass rush would really help the Cowboys defense in the 2nd half of the season.
2) Brian Waters needs to play the 2nd half of the season if the Cowboys are to have any chance at making the playoffs-and making some noise once they get there. The offensive line has been playing better and better- but watching the game Sunday and seeing Lions Guard Larry Warford handling Jason Hatcher and the rest of the Cowboys DT's, how good the Cowboys O-Line would be with Tyron Smith, Larry Warford, Travis Frederick, Brian Waters, and Doug Free. But then the Cowboys wouldn't have the production of Gavin Escobar.
1) Tony Romo, Dez Bryant is really good, and can beat double coverage. But hey, for the most part Romo has been playing very proficiently. However, Mr. Romo, if the Cowboys are to make a run this year, you are going to have to talk your Coaches into opening this thing up (barring a RB trade) . POINTS are the name of the game, and the good Great Spirit has given you Dez Bryant, Miles Austin, Jason Witten, the emerging star Terrance Williams, Dwayne Harris, Cole Beasley, and many more. You HAVE the weapons you need to go from being proficient to being explosive, but you have to grab the reigns of this horse and say, "Hi Ho , Silver and Blue, let's go!!!!". You CAN do this!