The Cowboys and Giants reunite tomorrow afternoon and it promises to be interesting. The Giants are on a four-game winning streak against the most suspect of opponents, while the Cowboys are a .500 team that everyone is treating like the Jacksonville Jaguars. Dallas head coach Jason Garrett adding another link in the chain of playcalling only adds more weirdness to this late-season faceoff.
The two teams have a glorious history, with Dallas holding a 58-42-2 advantage over the history of the franchises.
Recent history says you can almost guarantee a high-scoring affair. The two teams haven't combined for less than 40 points since 2008, and have reached 50 or more total points in 7 of the 9 contests over that stretch.
Normally this would mean a "get everyone in your lineups" matchup, but it's such a strange season for a couple players. Of course, Dez Bryant and Victor Cruz live as starters, and Tony Romo pretty much does the same unless he's a backup to Peyton Manning (and I've seen that combo more often than you'd think). Eli Manning has been a borderline starter for a while now, you might like Mike Glennon, Carson Palmer or Case Keenum better based on matchups, but for the most part you'll start Eli if he's your quarterback.
But the rest? Hakeem Nicks has been shut out of the end zone all season and is questionable with an abdominal injury. He's a low-end WR3. You can probably group in the young boys, Terrance Williams (DAL) and Reuben Randle (NYG) into the same category.
The interesting player is Miles Austin, who is coming off of a month worth of rest. If he's right, he could be a key contributor. Don't let Williams solid rookie campaign fool you, Austin is a better receiver and threat. Dallas is 4-1 with him, 1-4 without him. Don't be surprised if he turns the tide for Dallas with 5 catches and a score.
As for running backs, Andre Brown is a low-level RB1 and DeMarco is a RB2. You'd have to be loaded not to start either, despite the Cowboys allergies to the run game.
Week Eleven Results!
Week 11 Lines & Predictions To Be Updated Shortly! (click on column headers to sort)
|Lines From Las Vegas Hilton via Sportsbook.com||KD's Picks|
|New Orleans at ATLANTA||01_Thursday||FALCONS||7.5||Saints||53||Saints||Falcons||Under|
|Tampa Bay at DETROIT||02_Sun, 1pm||Bucs||7.5||LIONS||48.5||Bus||Bucs||Over|
|Jacksonville at HOUSTON||03_Sun, 1pm||Jaguars||10.0||TEXANS||43.5||Texans||Texans||Over|
|Minnesota at GREEN BAY||04_Sun, 1pm||Vikings||4.5||PACKERS||44||Vikings||Vikings||Under|
|San Diego at Kansas City||05_Sun, 1pm||Chargers||4.0||CHIEFS||42.5||Chiefs||Chiefs||Under|
|Carolina at MIAMI||06_Sun, 1pm||DOLPHINS||4.5||Panthers||40.5||Panthers||Panthers||Under|
|Pittsburgh at CLEVELAND||07_Sun, 1pm||Steelers||2.0||BROWNS||39||Steelers||Steelers||Over|
|Chicago at ST LOUIS||08_Sun, 1pm||Bears||1.5||RAMS||45.5||Bears||Bears||Over|
|NY Jets at BALTIMORE||09_Sun, 1pm||Jets||3.5||RAVENS||38.5||Ravens||Ravens||Over|
|Tennessee at OAKLAND||10_Sun, 405pm||RAIDERS||2.0||Titans||42||Raiders||Raiders||Over|
|Indianapolis at ARIZONA||11_Sun, 405pm||Colts||3.0||CARDINALS||45||Colts||Colts||Over|
|Dallas at NY GIANTS||12_Sun, 425pm||Cowboys||3.0||GIANTS||45||Cowboys||Cowboys||Over|
|Denver at NEW ENGLAND||14_Sun, 830pm||PATRIOTS||2.5||Broncos||53.5||Broncos||Broncos||Under|
|San Francisco at WASHINGTON||15_Mon, 840pm||REDSKINS||4.5||49ers||47.5||49ers||49ers||Under|
Here's a look at some great Fantasy Resources for you entering Week 10.
- Injury Updates, via Rotoworld
Miles Austin (hamstring) is listed as probable and will play against the Giants making Terrance Williams a risky start.
Sean Lee (hamstring) and Justin Durant (hamstring) are both out against the Giants. Andre Brown has a nice matchup.
Hakeem Nicks (abdomen) practiced again Friday and is listed as questionable. He sat out Wednesday with what the Giants called a groin injury, though Nicks says it's more of an abdominal issue. Either way, Nicks says he will play.
- Aaron Rodgers is still out, Jay Cutler as well. Darren McFadden and Danarius Moore are out for Oakland. Rashad Jennings gets a third-straight start. Jordan Reed is out with his concussion, but Wes Welker looks good to go.
- Jaimey Eisenberg's Start'Em or Sit'Em (CBS Sports)
- Eli Manning (vs. DAL): I must be crazy because we're actually backing Manning this week. The last time Manning had a good Fantasy outing was Week 5 against the Eagles, and he finished with just 19 points. The last time he topped 20 points was Week 1 at Dallas when he scored 36. He has just two games with multiple touchdowns, and he's faced some easy opponents in the Eagles twice, Minnesota and Green Bay over the past six games. But Manning has a great history against Dallas, which will struggle without standout middle linebacker Sean Lee (hamstring). He is averaging 320 passing yards in his past five meetings with the Cowboys with 10 touchdowns and five interceptions. And in his past five games against Dallas at home he is averaging 264 passing yards with 11 touchdowns and four interceptions. The Cowboys have allowed seven quarterbacks to score at least 19 Fantasy points this season, including the past three in a row. This game has shootout written all over it, and we expect Manning (finally) to do his part.
- Andre Brown (vs. DAL): Brown was good, not great, last week with eight Fantasy points, and he lost a goal-line touchdown to Brandon Jacobs. We hope that doesn't continue, and Brown should thrive against the Cowboys. It's ridiculous what running backs have done against Dallas this season with 11 reaching double digits in Fantasy points and eight scoring touchdowns. A good portion of that came in the Cowboys' last game at New Orleans when Pierre Thomas, Mark Ingram and Darren Sproles all scored at least 18 Fantasy points. That's significant because it was the game where Lee got hurt. Brown should get back on track this week, and we expect him to continue to batter this weakened run defense with Lee out.
- Sunday Morning Report (Weather, complete injury reports) KFFL.com
- Weather Forecast: Partly cloudy. High of 32F with a windchill as low as 9F. Windy. Winds from the NW at 25 to 30 mph with gusts to 40 mph.
- Yahoo! Week 8 Rankings: QB | RB | WR | TE | D/ST | K
- CBS Top 150 Flex PPR Rankings
- Every Sunday morning you can check the live chat War Room at SB Nation Fantasy. We strongly recommend you head over there if you have any questions about who to start/sit or injuries for today's games.