The Cowboys felt pretty good about their secondary going into Sunday's game. They were getting back J.J. Wilcox at safety and Morris Claiborne at corner. Wilcox made it through the game okay, Claiborne did not. The Cowboys big draft pick two years ago has had an injury-filled season, first with a shoulder problem, now with a troublesome hamstring injury. (Do other teams suffer from the dreaded hamstring as much as Dallas? Miles Austin, Sean Lee, Justin Durant, Morris Claiborne). Last week the Cowboys cut Micah Pellerin to make room for Orie Lemon, who was needed because of the Lee and Durant injuries.
Now they will be without Claiborne for Thursday so they had to bring in some help. They reached out for a player they know well, Sterling Moore. He played some at the end of last season, and he was at camp where he was thought to have a good chance at making the roster. He didn't, but after sitting out the season, he'll be back with Dallas and will likely play some against Oakland on Thursday. The Cowboys had to make a roster move for this to happen so they released tight end Andre Smith.
More from Blogging The Boys:
- Cowboys @ Giants: The Day After, By The Numbers
- With A Win Over The Giants, Jason Garrett's Message To The Cowboys Is Reinforced
- Cowboys 24 - Giants 21: Giants Talk The Talk, Dallas Walks The Walk
- Cowboys @ Giants: Early Twitter Reactions To Cowboys Win
- The Arrow Points Up For Dallas: Cowboys 24 - Giants 21