The Cowboys offense will have their lead runner back today, as DeMarco Murray will return to the starting lineup. The real question here, as they face one of the NFL's worst defenses in the Minnesota Vikings, is how much running room he'll have now that G Brian Waters is lost for the season due to a triceps injury.
There's no question that the Cowboys running game is a night and day difference when Murray is in the lineup. But the surprising resurgence of the Dallas O-line has largely been credited to the addition of Brian Waters after the season started. Now, the right guard position will be manned by Mackenzy Bernadeau and there is a real question as to whether Travis Frederick's stellar rookie season and Doug Free's rehabilitated one will now suffer.
Minnesota might not be the best test, however. Football Outsiders ranks them as the league's 22nd defense against the run and with them missing 3/4th of their secondary, will probably be wary of committing eight in the box and leaving single coverage against Dallas' potent aerial attack sans Miles Austin who is out.
With Christian Ponder getting another start for the inept Vikings offense, there really isn't any reason to have any other Cowboys fantasy entity on the bench. Murray is at least a RB2, with Dez Bryant ranked as the Number One fantasy player in several ranking services. Tony Romo ranks as the third best QB value according to CBS Sports. And Terrance Williams, he of four straight games with a score, is a consensus Top 25 Flex value.
The one question mark will be Jason Witten, who outside of opening night and the Broncos shootout, has been the fantasy disappointed I predicted leading into the season.
On the flip side, you should probably start Adrian Peterson if you own him. I'm a genius!!
Week 9 Lines & Predictions To Be Updated Shortly! (click on column headers to sort)
|Lines From Las Vegas Hilton via Sportsbook.com||KD's Picks|
|Cincinnati at MIAMI||01_Thursday||DOLPHINS||3.0||Bengals||42||Bengals||Bengals||Over|
|Atlanta at CAROLINA||02_Sun, 1pm||Falcons||7.0||PANTHERS||45.5||Panthers||Panthers||Under|
|Minnesota at DALLAS||03_Sun, 1pm||Vikings||9.5||COWBOYS||49.5||Cowboys||Cowboys||Under|
|New Orleans at NY JETS||04_Sun, 1pm||JETS||6.5||Saints||46.5||Saints||Saints||Under|
|Tennessee at ST LOUIS||05_Sun, 1pm||RAMS||3.0||Titans||39.5||Rams||Rams||Over|
|Kansas City at BUFFALO||06_Sun, 1pm||BILLS||3.5||Chiefs||39.5||Chiefs||Chiefs||Under|
|San Diego at WASHINGTON||07_Sun, 1pm||Chargers||Pick||REDSKINS||51.5||Chargers||Chargers||Over|
|Philadelphia at OAKLAND||08_Sun, 405pm||Eagles||2.0||RAIDERS||45||Raiders||Raiders||Over|
|Tampa at SEATTLE||09_Sun, 405pm||Bucs||15.5||SEAHAWKS||41||Seahawks||Bucs||Over|
|Balitmore at CLEVELAND||10_Sun, 425pm||BROWNS||2.0||Ravens||41.5||Ravens||Ravens||Over|
|Pittsburgh at NEW ENGLAND||11_Sun, 425pm||Steelers||6.0||PATRIOTS||44||Patriots||Steelers||Under|
|Indianapolis at HOUSTON||12_Sun, 830pm||TEXANS||2.5||Colts||44||Colts||Colts||Over|
|Chicago at GREEN BAY||13_Mon, 840pm||Bears||10.5||PACKERS||50.5||Packers||Bears||Over|
Here's a look at some great Fantasy Resources for you entering Week 9.
- Injury Updates, via Rotoworld
- Jeff Tuel is starting for Buffalo, which means run-heavy for Spiller and Jackson against Chief's monsters. Jamaal Charles and Stevie Johnson are good to go. Roddy White is questionable. Jonathan Stewart is back and D. Williams missed two days of practice this week. Marques Colston is gametime decision. Zac Stacy looks good to go. Nick Foles starting over Vick. Doug Martin is out and Schiano won't put his owners out of their misery by shutting him down for the year. Danny Amendola is probable and will at least get one snap in before another injury. Looks like both Ben Tate and Arian Foster will play.
- Jaimey Eisenberg's Start'Em or Sit'Em (CBS Sports)
- Sunday Morning Report (Weather, complete injury reports) KFFL.com
Weather Forecast: Clear. High of 68F. Winds from the SE at 10 to 15 mph.Minnesota Vikings Injury Report
PROBABLE: DL Kevin Williams (knee), LB Chad Greenway (wrist), WR Greg Jennings (knee), WR Rodney Smith (hip), PK Blair Walsh (hamstring), RB Adrian Peterson (personal), CB A.J. Jefferson (ankle)
OUT: TE Rhett Ellison (ankle), RB Matt Asiata (shoulder), CB Chris Cook (knee), DL Fred Evans (knee)
IR: LB Desmond Bishop (knee), FB Zach Line (knee)
PUP: WR Greg Childs (knee)
IR-R: FS Harrison Smith (toe)
- Yahoo! Week 8 Rankings: QB | RB | WR | TE | D/ST | K
- CBS Top 150 Flex PPR Rankings
- Every Sunday morning you can check the live chat War Room at SB Nation Fantasy. We strongly recommend you head over there if you have any questions about who to start/sit or injuries for today's games.