1) In 35 years of watching the Dallas Cowboys play, I have NEVER seen such an inept 2nd half collapse to lose a game.
2) If your RB is averaging 7.4 yards per carry, why would you not keep feeding him the rock?? It's absolutely BAFFLING the way the Cowboys called the 2nd half of the game.
3) After being convinced by the folks here that Garrett is indeed the right guy for the job, I am now back to my original way of thinking. Garrett is in over his head, and should be replaced at the end of the season. It's time.
4) Tony Romo? He's been under-throwing and throwing behind receivers all season long. Was I surprised that he threw an interception at the end of the game? No, though in fairness, he should have never been put in the position to be throwing the ball. However, him checking out of the run on 2nd and 6 on the INT to Miles, that was ALL his fault. Had he stayed with the running play, there was a HUGE lane up the middle, and Murray would have gotten at least 10 yards and a 1st down. Romo's problems have always been between his ears, and experience unfortunately hasn't changed that. Fortunately, Romo IS good enough to win with, IF the Cowboys can put together a STRONG defense.
5)The 2014 Draft BETTER be ALL DEFENSE, save an OG in the 4th-5th round. SERIOUSLY!
6) Question: What do you do when you come up on a person that is Romoing?
Answer: Use the Heimlich Maneuver.
7) I wish that Jimmy Johnson would get tired of fishing and being an analyst on TV, and want to take on a huge challenge, and call Jerry and ask him if he wants to win another Super Bowl or two before he dies.
8) Jason Hatcher has played himself out of big free agency money. He's been completely invisible the last two games-important games- and other clubs aren't going to like that. He may be back for a 2-yr., $4 Million deal. He's not worth any more than that.
9) Unless QB Johnny Manziel is sitting at #14, BOTH the 1st and 2nd round picks BETTER be D-LINE!!
10) This team does have talent at many positions, but they have inept coaching and outdated schemes. Rob Ryans Defense was a lot better than the fecal matter that is on display when the Cowboys play defense. Kiffins scheme is too old.
11) Speaking of old, DeMarcus Ware's descent into mediocrity is astounding. I can't believe that he is 100% healthy, not with the way he was abusing Tyron Smith in Camp and how he abused Rams LT Jake Long earlier this year. We've heard Ware speaking about how he was going to step up his game and produce down the stretch here, but just like Hatcher, he's been invisible. He's been a great warrior for a long time and we should be grateful, but it's time to move on and get out from under his $16 Million contract. The way he's been playing, he's worth 1/10th of that, and I doubt he takes that much of a pay cut. Time to trade him for whatever you can get, or cut him next year. Sad, but true.
12) I wonder if there are any prominent Head Coaches that may be interested in Coaching the Cowboys next year, and if they make any overtures to Jerry Jones about their interest.
13) The 2014 Draft BETTER be ALL defense. DT Ra'shede Hagemann in the 1st, DT Aaron Donald in the 2nd, DE Chris Smith in the 3rd, DT Derrick Hopkins in the 4th, FS Kurtis Drummond in the 5th, ILB Max Bullough in the 7th.
14) I hope that Wade Phillips gets the Head Coach gig in Houston, and would be willing to send a 2nd round pick to Dallas for DeMarcus Ware. Then we can add CB/S Lamarcus Joyner to the guys listed above.
15) I wonder if Jerry Jones really still believes that Jason Garrett is the right guy for the Head Coaching job. I suppose the next two games will tell. Something tells me that if they lose at Washington and then at home against the Eagles (which I believe they will lose both games) , that Jason Garrett will be fired the Monday, Dec. 30th at 8:01 AM.
16) The allas Cowboys may actually have not just the worst defense in the NFL this year, but the worst defense in NFL HISTORY. It's definitely the worst Dallas Defense that I have EVER seen in 35 years. It's part of the 'process' though, right?
17) Fixing the Defense must be the priority of the 2014 Draft. DT,DT, DE, ILB,CB,FS. In that order.
18) Speaking of Free Safeties, I wonder what the over/under is on when Matt Johnson goes on IR next year. OTA's? 1st day of Training Camp? 1st pre-season game?
19) Anyone rally still believe this team is going to the playoffs?