Quick note, this top 50 is based strictly on skill set, and doesn't account for any off the field issues or positional value.
1. Luke Joeckel, OT, Texas A&M Game Tape Breakdown
I'm still on the Joeckel bandwagon, and I think the Chiefs are too. There isn't much of a difference between him and Fisher, but I think his dominance in the SEC gives him the slight edge.
2. Eric Fisher, OT, Central Michigan Game Tape Breakdown
Watching more of his tape, I could see how tough of a decision the Chiefs have at #1. He is a touch more athletic than Joeckel, but I still think they are almost identical in Pass Pro. His tape against Michigan State is really, really impressive.
3. Star Lotulelei, DT, Utah Game Tape Breakdown
I'm still really, really high on Star. He demands a double team, and is a violent player at the LOS. Will be an absolute anchor for a 3-4 team and will be the inside linebackers best friend.
4. Dion Jordan, DE/OLB, Oregon Game Tape Breakdown
Athletic freak. His versatility as a pass rusher and in coverage pushes him up in my top 50. Moves like a WR at 6'6" 250.
5. Ziggy Ansah, DE, BYU Game Tape Breakdown
Absolutely oozes potential. The kid ran a 21.9 200m dash at 6'5" 270 pounds. That's just stupid. Teams will be weary of his lack of experience, but someone is going to take a shot with him in the top 5.
6. Lane Johnson, OT, Oklahoma Game Tape Breakdown
He ran a 4.7 40, which is faster than Anquan Boldin. He had a 34" vertical, the same as AJ Green. He broad jumped 9'10", which is the same as Stevan Ridley. Oh, and he's 6'6" 310 pounds. He has the potential to be the best LT in this draft, but isn't there quite yet. If he adds some strength, which he has the room to do, this guy could be the best LT in the league in 3 years. Wouldn't be surprised if we hear some teams have him as their top LT off potential alone, but I think Fisher and Joeckel are too much of a sure thing for Lane to jump them.
7. Jonathan Cooper, OG, North Carolina Game Tape Breakdown
Another athletic freak. One of the best pullers I've ever seen in college. There's tape in the breakdown above where he is step for step with Giovanni Bernard in the open field, who ran a 4.53 40 at the combine. Has great feet in pass pro, and is stout in the run.
8. Tavon Austin, WR, West Virginia Game Tape Breakdown
Game changer. He is going to be a touchdown scoring machine for years to come. Get this kid the ball in the open field and let him work.
9. Chance Warmack, OG, Alabama Game Tape Breakdown
Just a monstrous human being. I gave Cooper the slight edge because he is more athletic, but if you are in a man blocking scheme Warmack will be your guy.
10. Jarvis Jones, OLB, Georgia Game Tape Breakdown
Some guys don't have the wowing combine numbers, but when you put on the tape they can just flat out play. Jones was one of the best defenders this year in the SEC (Clowney takes that crown), and consistently made game changing plays. I see that translating to the NFL.
11. Sharrif Floyd, DT, Florida Game Tape Breakdown
A little lower than some have Sharrif, but I still think he is going to be a great player. I just don't see him as that special player that you would want in a top 3 pick. I think his short arms will hurt him in the next level, but his motor may make up for it.
12. Kenny Vaccaro, S, Texas Game Tape Breakdown
Love Vaccaro. Just flies to the ball and is extremely explosive. Would be a great SS in a Cover 2 scheme. 13. Dee Milliner, CB, Alabama Game Tape Breakdown
I said in my first mock that he was overrated and I'm sticking to it. I don't see the start and stop quickness or lateral quickness needed to be a shut down guy, but I still think he is going to be a solid pro. Just don't think he is a top 5 talent.
14. Tyler Eifert, TE, Notre Dame Game Tape Breakdown
Might be the easiest guy to predict an NFL future for. Will be a Pro Bowl caliber TE in this league for the next 8 years. Everything you are looking for in a #1 TE.
15. Geno Smith, QB, West Virginia Game Tape Breakdown
I'm really high on Geno, but the fit is going to be key with him. I don't see him as a drop back West Coast QB. Keep him in the shotgun and roll the pocket, like Miami is doing with Tannehill, and I think Geno is going to excel.
16. Sheldon Richardson, DT, Missouri Game Tape Breakdown
Motor, motor, motor. He chases down a ridiculous amount of screens from the DT position. Really like his game.
17. Barkevious Mingo, DE, LSU Game Tape Breakdown
His weight concerns me, but he makes up for it with his explosion and his wingspan. I do think he has the highest chance to be a bust because someone may reach in the top 10 for him. Ultimately, I see him as a 3rd down specialist ala Bruce Irvin, but under the right coaching staff and system he may have same impact on the game that Irvin had this year.
18. Alec Ogletree, ILB, Georgia Game Tape Breakdown
Another boom or bust guy. He was an ex-Safety at Georgia, and you can tell in his coverage skills. Some of the best I've seen in a MLB. What concerns me is his ability to stack and shed OLineman when they get their hands on him. Will be an interesting prospect to watch.
19. Cordarrelle Patterson, WR, Tennessee Game Tape Breakdown
A playmaker with the ball in his hands. Could use some work with route running on timing routes, but is as naturally gifted as an WR in this draft. I think he would work best as an "understudy" the first couple years in the league before taking over as a legitimate #1 WR. Think if Houston and Andre Johsnon.
20. Jonathan Cyprien, FS, Florida International Highlight Tape
Once of my personal favorite players in the draft. Is everything you want in a hard hitting SS in the Cover 2. Has a lot of John Lynch in him. Just turn on his Highlight Tape above and skip to 1:40. I think he is a legit top 20 pick.
21. D.J. Fluker, OT, Alabama Game Tape Breakdown
Daniel Jeremiah of the NFL Network tweeted that there is buzz around Fluker being drafted before Warmack. He is a stupid huge human being, as you can see pictured. His pass pro needs work, but every pass rusher is going to need an extra step to get around his frame. He is a RT prospect that may move inside to guard.
22. Sylvester Williams, DT, North Carolina Game Tape Breakdown
This is another safe bet in this draft. Williams is quick and excels and stack and shedding defenders. Not a sexy pick, but will be a solid starter for a team in the 20s for years to come.
23. Tank Carradine, DE, Florida State Game Tape Breakdown
Another one of my favorite prospects. If it wasn't for an ACL injury earlier this year, I could see Tank being even higher than this. He is your prototypical weakside DE in a 4-3, and will be productive pass rusher in the league.
24. D.J. Hayden, CB, Houston Highlights
One of the highest rising prospects as of late. Almost died from a freak injury this year, when he ruptured a major blood vessel in his chest. Some teams may have him off their board because of the medical, but the tape is extremely solid from the kid. Mike Mayock even ranked him ahead of Dee Milliner in his Top 100.
25. Xavier Rhodes, CB, Florida State Game Tape Breakdown
People have pushed him up because of his size, but I think he is a bit overrated. I just don't see the ball skills needed in a top 20 pick. A lot of people are thinking along the lines of Richard Sherman, but I just don't see the same skill set.
26. Matt Elam, SS, Florida Game Tape Breakdown
27. Manti Te'o, ILB, Notre Dame Game Tape Breakdown
28. Damontre Moore, DE, Texas A&M Game Tape Breakdown 29. Eddie Lacy, RB, Alabama Game Tape Breakdown
30. Keenan Allen, WR, California Highlights
31. Menelik Watson, OT, Florida State Game Tape Breakdown
32. Robert Woods, WR, USC Game Tape Breakdown
33. Kyle Long, OG, Oregon Game Tape Breakdown 34. Matt Barkley, QB, USC Game Tape Breakdown
35. Justin Hunter, WR, Tennessee Game Tape Breakdown
36. Bjoern Werner, DE, Florida State Game Tape Breakdown
37. Zach Ertz, TE, Stanford Game Tape Breakdown
38. Jamar Taylor, CB, Boise State Highlights
39. Datone Jones, DE, UCLA Game Tape Breakdown
40. Justin Pugh, OT, Syracuse Game Tape Breakdown
41. Eric Reid, FS, LSU Game Tape Breakdown
42. Kawann Short, DT, Purdue Game Tape Breakdown
43. Johnthan Banks, CB, Mississippi State Game Tape Breakdown 44. Desmond Trufant, CB, Washington Game Tape Breakdown
45. Margus Hunt, DE, SMU Game Tape Breakdown
46. Arthur Brown, ILB, Kansas State Game Tape Breakdown
47. Montee Ball, RB, Wisconsin Highlights
48. DeAndre Hopkins, WR, Clemson Game Tape Breakdown
49. Larry Warford, OG, Kentucky Game Tape Breakdown
50. EJ Manuel, QB, Florida State Game Tape Breakdown