The countdown clock is on. As we inch closer to Kansas City hitting the clock, we have to pay some attention to a few of the things that are coming out about possibilities for the Cowboys. O.C.C. already covered that there could be a flurry of trade activity in the first round. How things play out before Dallas even comes within range will have an immediate and direct impact on what Jerry Jones and Jason Garrett do based on Tom Ciskowski's team have worked on for the past couple of years.
We occasionally get a glimpse of some of the things that could be happening. Of course, they have to be approached with the requisite grain of salt, as any leaked info could be misdirection subterfuge trying to get other teams to draft non-targets.
We'll try to keep a running tally of stuff that comes out and leave it up to you to determine whether or not it holds water.
- Cowboys heavy interest in TE Tyler Eifert - Matt Mosley
- "Kiffin helping weigh idea of Vaccaro in Rd 1 + 2 DLs (including Bennie Logan) " - Mike Fisher
- "#Cowboys source: If OL in Rd 1, a target at 47 is RB Montee Ball " - Mike Fisher
- Dallas and San Francisco could make trade partners - multiple ponderers
- Some teams may value Eric Reid ahead of Kenny Vaccaro - National Football Post
- Doug Free refused pay cut - National Football Post
- [UPDATE] Chiefs have told Joeckel that they will not pick him, rolling with Fisher at No. 1 - Charlean Williams
- [UPDATE] Rumor that Oakland will not pick Sharrif Floyd, even if they stay at No. 3 (Tony Pauline) Also seeing rumors that they are high on DJ Hayden.
- [UPDATE] Cowboys trade-down: Peter Schrager of Foxsports suggest the Vikings could trade up from 23 to 18 to grab Manti T'eo. Billick suggests same scenario on NFL Network.
Here are some interesting Prop Bets for tonights first round. Listing courtesy of BeyondTheBets.com
How many offensive linemen will be selected in the first round? [5Dimes]
Over 6.5 (-285)
Under 6.5 (+205)
How many defensive tackles will be selected in the first round? [5Dimes]
Over 4.5 (+170)
Under 4.5 (-230)
Geno Smith draft position? [Bovada & 5Dimes]
Over 8.5 (-140)
Under 8.5 (even) <-- [Bovada]
How many SEC players will be selected in the first round? [5Dimes]
Over 11.5 (-270)
Under 11.5 (+190)
How many defensive players will be drafted in the first round? [Bovada & 5Dimes]
Over 19 (-110)
Under 19 (-130) <-- [Bovada]
Finally, hat tip to BTB member Da Jugganot, but I couldn't let this draft go by without people seeing this video from those waiting to get into the NFL Draft. It speaks for itself. For the couple Cowboys fans in it, if you post here, I need you to fess up.