Things to note:
- This is a 3 deep 4 under zone coverage.
- Allows 8 men in the box for run support.
- In base Cover 3 the Corners align at Off-Man depth (7 yds from LOS).
- Single safety high. He has to play with range.
- Only 4 underneath zones means each player covers more area than in Cover 2.
- SS and opposite OLB have curl-flat responsibility. They will protect the seam until they are threatened to the flat.
- Pressure with the front 4 is essential to success.
Over the next few weeks we will look at routes designed to attack Cover 3, and move to some other types of coverages in preparation for Training Camp.
More Cowboys Coverage
- America's Team: An Interactive Map of the Cowboys Roster
- News & Notes: "Dez Bryant Can Play So Much Better", OTA Recaps, More
- Cowboys Dez Bryant May Be Comfortable But Not Necessarily Complacent
- Building The Cowboys Roster: 2014 Draft and Positions of Strength
- Dallas Cowboys Rookies: Evaluating The Playing Time of Recent Rookie Classes
- Cowboys OTA Day One: Video Recap Plus Guestimate Depth Charts
- Cowboys Crunchtime W/ KD: Episode 2.4 Featuring Joey Ickes