As he noted, the Cowboys now have only two more rookie contracts they have to get worked out before the team starts reporting to training camp in Oxnard on July 19th. They are still in discussions with Anthony Spencer to work out a long term deal, but if that does not get done, the team is still in good shape with respect to the salary cap. They also may try to work out extensions with Sean Lee and Dez Bryant, but again, those are not mandatory things to accomplish.
It is a far cry from the day when negotiations with the top draft picks would often go to the last minute and many teams faced holdouts with some of their top draftees. Not having masochistic tendencies, I don't miss those times at all.
More Cowboys Coverage
- Cowboys Come To Terms With Third-Round Pick Terrance Williams
- Cowboys Offseason Headscratcher: Nate Livings or Ronald Leary?
- Dallas Cowboys Top 5 Offseason Changes Heading Into 2013
- Dallas Cowboys News & Notes: Miles Austin Stays Healthy, 53-Man Roster Projection, More
- Dallas Cowboys' 90-Man Roster: Team Needs and Roster Depth