We're back with more from the chalkboard.
A Few Notes To Remember
- Changing the person who the QB reads, can change the way the play looks to the defense, and makes your offense as a whole more difficult to prepare for and defend.
- Mid-Line is a variation which reads a 3-Tech DT to determine the give or keep action at the mesh point
- Inverted Veer or "Dash" flips the action in the back field from a standard zone read, the RB can take the give around the corner, or the QB can keep it and go up field.
- Play action is really where this can be viable long-term, reading LBs and DBs instead of DLinemen gives the QB a give or throw read, and creates potential to gain large chunks of yardage very efficiently.
- Seam, Slant, Stick, and Bubble routes are all ways to get the ball out efficiently for easy completions and YAC possibilities.