The Dallas Cowboys beat the Cincinnati Bengals in a game that revealed a few important findings:
Dez Bryant is unstoppable in single coverage
Doug Free at right guard doesn't work
- A pissed-off DeMarco Murray is a good thing
- If the Cowboys are going to pass to James Hanna this year, they sure have no interest in putting it on tape for the Giants to study
DeVonte Holloman continues to look like a steal for a sixth round pick
- Andre Smith is going to make it painful for the Cowboys to cut him, because he is their best blocking tight end at 267 pounds and his hands are better than anyone expected. His big catch in the second half was a thing of beauty.
- As bad as things are with the offensive line, Romo can still drive down the field and score against a very good defense. He did it twice
Travis Frederick is for real. He allowed Romo room to step up into the pocket on several key plays, including the TD throw to Miles Austin. This wasn't a luxury Romo had very often last year.
- This team has great chemistry. They like each other and they like competing, even in preseason. I was at the game, which allows you to see how they interact during commercial breaks, how they talk to each other on the sideline and how they interact with all the coaches. It's a very good group of people that like being together.
- Miles Austin looks very healthy and very quick. If he maintains that through the season, look out. Dallas looks to have a top two receiver in Bryant (will only concede to Megatron at this point) and a top 15 receiver in Austin--as long as his hammies behave.
- Special teams continues to be a disaster. Rich Bisaccia has two weeks to get this cleaned up.
Dallas looks decidedly better than the Giants at this point. New York continues to suffer injuries and Eli has not looked sharp. Without Cruz, their offense is nothing special.
Another user-created commentary provided by a BTB reader.