Dallas needs to clear out 12 players by Tuesday. We know one for sure. Tyron Crawford will slide over to IR. That leaves us 11 players to dismiss.
1) Brett Maher (P) : Unless Dallas is worried Jones will get injured in the last preseason game, he is the 1st cut.
2) Dennis Godfrey (G) : Odd man out, even in this last useless game, he has no spot.
3) Nick Stephens (QB) : Unless they are planning on hiding or protecting Tanney, he will not play, good bye.
4) Deon Lacey (LB) : We have not heard his name all preseason, that is not going to change.
5) Ryan Cook (C/G) : Still injured, not going to play the last preseason game, not making the 53, saves 1.1mil.
6) Thaddeus Gibson (DE) : Selvie, Bass and Wilber will provide the needed reps for the last preseason game.
7) Jabari Fletcher (DE) : See above.
8) Jakar Hamilton (S) : He is almost as far behind everyone as All World MJ.
9) Tank Reed (OLB) : He fell too far behind to catch Lawrence. Sims will see some time to shake the rust.
10) Eric Rogers (WR) : He started strong but has fallen off. Expect to see a lot of Armstrong and Benford.
11) Jared Green (WR) : Too many ahead of him.
I think Dallas knows who 50 out of their 53 are already. It's those last three they are unsure of. I think Safety is one spot they have not decided.
Now there is a list of players I would cut personally. They consist of the always broken and poor scheme guys.
2) Danny Coale
3) Nate Livings
4) Matt Johnson
Trust me, finding 11 players to cut is not as simple as it seems. Dallas has some of the best depth I've ever seen. And I have been watching them since the 1970's!