There has been a lot of talk over the last several weeks of training camp as to whether the Cowboys would keep five or six wide receivers, with Anthony Armstrong being the man on the bubble. According to Pro Football Talk, the decision has been made that Armstrong is not a part of the Cowboys plans at the moment.
Cowboys have released WR Anthony Armstrong, per league source.— ProFootballTalk (@ProFootballTalk) August 30, 2013
Many times teams will cut their veteran guys early to give them a shot to get on with another team, while waiting until the last minute to cut the young guys they hope to squeak through to the practice squad.
The current roster count is 74, so at least 21 more moves will be made by the Cowboys before the Saturday deadline. We'll keep the updates coming as more information becomes available for the rest of the cuts.
More from Blogging The Boys:
- Dallas Cowboys Roster: Who'll Be This Year's Late Additions?
- Dallas Cowboys Facing A Busy Weekend Beyond Just The Final Roster Cuts
- Dallas Cowboys2013 Roster: Final 53-Man Projection
- Dallas Cowboys News & Notes: Game Summaries, Injury Updates, Depth Remains An Issue
- Cowboys 6 Texans 24 Final Score: Dallas Puts The Preseason Out Of Its Misery