The Dallas Cowboys didn't wait long to make some moves. After looking at their initial 53-man roster it was pretty obvious that they needed some help at linebacker. They kept only five at the position, a position where they have had injuries the last few years. To add some depth to the unit, they made a trade with the Kansas City Chiefs to get Edgar Jones. Jones has most of his six years in the NFL with the Baltimore Ravens, but spent last year with the Chiefs. The Cowboys gave up an undisclosed draft choice to get him. Jones is mainly a reserve who can contribute on special teams where he has an excellent track record.
To make room for Jones on the roster the Cowboys moved offensive guard Nate Livings to IR. Jerry Jones has hinted that Livings has a degenerative knee condition and that could be part of the issue.
More from Blogging The Boys:
- Dallas Cowboys Roster Cuts: 2013 53-Man Roster Finalized (For Now)
- Cowboys Roster Cuts 2013: The Final List Of Cuts Down To 53
- Cowboys Crunchtime Preview: BTB Sits Down With Former Cowboys Jay Novacek And Bradie James
- Dallas Cowboys Roster Cuts 2013: S Matt Johnson To IR, S Danny McCray Reduces Salary
- Dallas Cowboys Release RB Kendial Lawrence