In so far as a scientific statement speaks about reality, it must be falsifiable; and in so far as it is not falsifiable, it does not speak about reality.-Karl Popper
You think you know Dallas football? Ok, show everyone. Let's find out who's predictions work out and who's flop. It'll be a little like fantasy football.
The challenge is to make a falsifiable prediction about how Dallas will perform. Post your predictions in the comments
For example, this week the there are two big debates.
1. Were the turnovers a result of Kiffen's scheme and hence repeatable ... or were they result of good bounces that won't be repeatable.
2. Did the pass defense allow 9.5 net pass YPA because they were in a prevent or because the pass defense isn't that good.
Here are some details to help you make your predictions.
In 2012, Dallas' defensive net pass YPA was 6.8 (25th in the league).
Pro Football Reference calculates the statistic (under Passing Defense NY/A) so this will be easily verified/falsified.
Average takeaways in the NFL in 2012 were 25/season (~1.56/game). If Dallas is average for the remainder of the year, that would be another 23 (15 *1.56) takeaways (29 total: 6+23=29).
Prove you're the sharpest member of BTB and you know football. Put your falsifiable preditions in the comments!
1. Predict Dallas' 2013 defensive net pass YPA and league rank (we'll use Pro Football Reference Passing Defense NY/A for assessment).
2. Predict Dallas' 2013 takeaway total
Here are mine:
1. Defensive net pass YPA: 6.7 YPA / 23rd
2. Takeaways: 29