Fan's Corner is back and ready to rock in Week Two. This is where you'll find, every week, the part of football that most of us love oh so much, the stuff we have a little control over. We cover the spreads, we fantasize about statistical achievements and bonus points, and all in all, consider this your open thread for any discussions along those lines. Oh yeah, and I'll put my reputation on the line with some pre-game predictions for the entire NFL weekend.
In Week 1, I ended up going 10-6 straight up (average), 8-7 Against the Spread (average) and 7-8 against the Over/Under (blah). Let's see how Week Two treats me!
Week 2 Lines & Predictions (click on column headers to sort) A '*" indicates a pick I really like
|Lines From Sportsbook.com||KD's Picks|
|NY Jets at NEW ENGLAND||01_Thursday||Jets||12.5||PATRIOTS||43||Patriots||Jets||Over|
|St Louis at ATLANTA||02_Sun, 1pm||Rams||5.5||FALCONS||47||Rams||Rams||Over|
|Cleveland at BALTIMORE||03_Sun, 1pm||Browns||7.0||RAVENS||44||Ravens||Ravens||Under|
|Carolina at BUFFALO||04_Sun, 1pm||BILLS||2.5||Panthers||43.5||Panthers||Panthers||Under|
|Minnesota at CHICAGO||05_Sun, 1pm||Vikings||6.0||BEARS||41.5||Bears||Vikings|
|Washington at GREEN BAY||06_Sun, 1pm||Redskins||7.0||PACKERS||50.5||Packers||Redskins||Over|
|Tennessee at HOUSTON||07_Sun, 1pm||Titans||7.5||TEXANS||43||Texans||Titans||Under|
|Miami at INDIANAPOLIS||08_Sun, 1pm||Dolphins||3.0||COLTS||43||Colts||Colts||Under|
|Dallas at KANSAS CITY||09_Sun, 1pm||Cowboys||3.0||CHIEFS||46.5||Cowboys||Cowboys||Under|
|San Diego at PHILADELPHIA||10_Sun, 1pm||Chargers||7.0||EAGLES||54.5||Chargers||Chargers||Under|
|Detroit at ARIZONA||11_Sun, 405pm||CARDINALS||2.0||Lions||48.5||Lions||Lions||Over|
|New Orleans at TAMPA BAY||12_Sun, 405pm||Saints||EVEN||BUCS||47.5||Saints||Saints||Over|
|Denver at NY GIANTS||13_Sun, 425pm||GIANTS||4.5||Broncos||55||Broncos||Broncos||Under|
|Jacksonville at OAKLAND||14_Sun, 425pm||Jaguars||4.5||RAIDERS||39.5||Raiders||Raiders||Under|
|San Francisco at SEATTLE||15_Sun, 830pm||49ers||3.0||SEAHAWKS||44.5||49ers||49ers||Over|
|Pittsburgh at CINCINNATI||16_Mon, 840pm||Steelers||6.5||BENGALS||41||Bengals||Bengals||Under|
Here's a look at some great Fantasy Resources for you entering Week 2.
- Injury Updates, via Rotoworld
* Dez Bryant (foot) has put in three days of practice this week and by all accounts looked good doing so. He's a go against the Chiefs.
* Jamaal Charles (quad) put in a full practice on Friday and when asked how close he was to 100% he responded, "I'm ready-to-play percent." He is listed as probable.
* Anthony Spencer (knee) returned to practice this week and is questionable to play. His status could impact Jamaal Charles' upside.
- Jaimey Eisenberg's Start'Em or Sit'Em (CBS Sports)
- Sunday Morning Report (Weather, complete injury reports) KFFL.com
- Weather Forecast: Mostly cloudy with a chance of a thunderstorm and a chance of rain. High of 84F. Winds from the SW at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 50%
- Yahoo! Week 1 Rankings: Quarterbacks | Running Backs | Wideouts | Tight Ends | Defense/ST | Kickers
- CBS Top 150 Flex Rankings
- Every Sunday morning you can check the live chat War Room at SB Nation Fantasy. We strongly recommend you head over there if you have any questions about who to start/sit or injuries for today's games.
Buccaneers (vs. NO), Colts (vs. MIA) and Chiefs (vs. DAL): The three top sleepers DST options last week all had varying degrees of success. The Chiefs were the top unit in standard scoring, the Buccaneers were No. 7 and the Colts were No. 20. But this week you should cut ties with all three units since the matchups are tougher. The Bucs will obviously be challenged on a much different level from the Jets to the Saints, and the Chiefs won't push around Romo like they did with Gabbert. And if the Colts struggled with the Raiders then the Dolphins should also prove to be a difficult matchup. If you're looking for a DST replacement for these teams grab the Panthers or Eagles, who are owned in 15 percent of leagues or fewer on CBSSports.com.
Keep up with all of our Fantasy Coverage
So there you have it. Use this thread to discuss any and everything about the side of the NFL that we "control". We have infiltrated Arrowhead Stadium as Rabble is on site to cheer our Cowboys to a 2-0 start. LET'S GET IT!