I'm trying to avoid the rollercoaster ride that is the Cowboys over the last few years and gain some momentum. I went 10-6 against the spread last week, bringing my season total to 18-13 for 2013. Straight up picks, sitting at 20-12, but I'm still below .500 on the Over/Under, 14-17... but there's still time to right the ship!
Welcome back to Fan's Corner, your home for everything else we love about the National Football League; betting and fantasy action!
Ask all of your betting questions, lineup questions and everything right here. Take the opportunity to utilize some of the best resources on the net.
Week 3 Lines & Predictions (click on column headers to sort) A '*" indicates a pick I really like
|Lines From Sportsbook.com||KD's Picks|
|Kansas City at PHILADELPHIA||01_Thursday||Chiefs||3.5||EAGLES||51||Eagles||Eagles||Under|
|San Diego at TENNESSEE||02_Sun, 1pm||Chargers||3.0||TITANS||44||Chargers||Chargers||Over|
|Cleveland at MINNESOTA||03_Sun, 1pm||Browns||7.0||VIKINGS||41||Viking||Vikings||Under|
|Tampa Bay at NEW ENGLAND||04_Sun, 1pm||Bucs||7.0||PATRIOTS||43.5||Patriots||Bucs||Under|
|Houston at BALTIMORE||05_Sun, 1pm||RAVENS||3.0||Texans||45||Texans||Texans||Over|
|St. Louis at DALLAS||06_Sun, 1pm||Rams||4.0||COWBOYS||47.5||Cowboys||Cowboys||Under|
|Arizona at NEW ORLEANS||07_Sun, 1pm||Cardinals||7.0||SAINTS||49||Saints||Cardinals||Under|
|Detroit at WASHINGTON||08_Sun, 1pm||Lions||Pick||REDSKINS||49||Lions||Lions||Over|
|Green Bay at CINCINNATI||09_Sun, 1pm||BENGALS||3.0||Packers||50||Packers||Packers||Over|
|NY Giants at CAROLINA||10_Sun, 1pm||PANTHERS||1.5||Giants||47||Panthers||Panthers||Under|
|Atlanta at MIAMI||11_Sun, 405pm||Falcons||3.0||DOLPHINS||44.5||Dolphins||Dolphins||Under|
|Indianapolis at SAN FRAN||12_Sun, 425pm||Colts||10.0||49ERS||47||Colts||Colts||Over|
|Jacksonville at SEATTLE||13_Sun, 425pm||Jaguars||19.0||SEAHAWKS||41||Seahawks||Jaguars||Under|
|Buffalo at NY JETS||14_Sun, 425pm||Bills||3.0||JETS||38.5||Bills||Bills||Over|
|Chicago at PITTSBURGH||15_Sun, 830pm||STEELERS||3.0||Bears||40.5||Bears||Bears||Over|
|Oakland at DENVER||16_Mon, 840pm||Raiders||15.5||BRONCOS||49.5||Broncos||Broncos||Over|
Here's a look at some great Fantasy Resources for you entering Week 3.
- Injury Updates, via Rotoworld
*Dez Bryant(back) will play. Get him in your lineups. RT Roger Saffold is out, RB Daryl Richardson and CB Cortland Finnegan are probable.
- Other major injury news: Ray Rice out for two weeks. Lions are probably going to hold out Reggie Bush. Vernon Davis game-time decision. Mike Wallace looks good to go. Steven Jackson out three weeks. MJD game-time decision. Amendola is doubtful (surprise).
- Jaimey Eisenberg's Start'Em or Sit'Em (CBS Sports)
- Sunday Morning Report (Weather, complete injury reports) KFFL.com
- Weather Forecast: Clear. High of 84F. Winds from the NE at 5 to 10 mph.
- Yahoo! Week 1 Rankings: Quarterbacks | Running Backs | Wideouts | Tight Ends | Defense/ST | Kickers
- CBS Top 150 Flex Rankings
- Every Sunday morning you can check the live chat War Room at SB Nation Fantasy. We strongly recommend you head over there if you have any questions about who to start/sit or injuries for today's games.
Tony Romo (vs. STL): Fantasy owners are starting to give up on Romo as a starter after one bad outing against the Chiefs because he only passed for 298 yards and one touchdown. Kansas City has a good defense, and if Romo had a second touchdown no one would be concerned. He has a great matchup this week against the Rams, who have allowed consecutive games of at least 325 passing yards and two touchdowns to Palmer and Matt Ryan. In Romo's last five home games he has four games with at least 300 passing yards, two games with at least 400 yards and 14 touchdowns and three interceptions over that span.
Sam Bradford (at DAL): You might be surprised to know that Bradford is the No. 5 quarterback in standard leagues to start the season with 55 Fantasy points behindPeyton Manning, Aaron Rodgers, Vick and Philip Rivers. He's averaging 326 passing yards through two games with five touchdowns and two interceptions. And this week he has a favorable matchup against the Cowboys, who have allowed 673 passing yards against Eli Manning and Alex Smith, with both topping 25 Fantasy points. This game has the potential for a shootout, and while Bradford isn't likely to be started this week in the majority of leagues, it might be time for Fantasy owners to buy into his potential since he's off to a good start in 2013.
Keep up with all of our Fantasy Coverage
More from Blogging The Boys:
- Dallas Cowboys News & Notes: Can Cowboys Exploit Struggling Rams Pass Defense?
- The Way Of The Rooster: Be A Leader
- Cowboys vs. Rams: Who'll Get The Ball Against The Rams?
- Cowboys vs. Rams: Five Questions With Turf Show Times
- Cowboys vs. Rams 2013: Game Time, TV Schedule, Online Streaming, Radio, Injury Report
- For Cowboys, The Opportunity Is Now
- Cowboys Crunchtime Podcast Episode 2.16 feat. Joe McAtee of Turf Show Times & Dave Halprin
So there you have it. Use this thread to discuss any and everything about the side of the NFL that we "control". We're returning to AT&T Stadium and it will be interesting how loud it is since the NFL allows team to pump in noise.Not that I'm accusing Jerry and Stephen of anything following up the loudest the stadium has ever been for Week One. 2-1, here we come!