The news is breaking, Brad Sham had it first, the Dallas Cowboys have reportedly signed free agent guard Brian Waters.
Ladies and gentlemen, Brian Watters. Coming to a Cowboys offensive line near you.— Brad Sham (@Boys_Vox) September 3, 2013
Dallas had been flirting with Waters for a while but the two could never come to terms. It was thought the deal was dead after the Cowboys tried one final time when they were jilted by Brandon Moore. Given Dallas' recent experimentation with Doug Free at guard and now this signing, it's obvious Dallas was never settled on its guards. Ron Leary should be back but his knee is always a concern, and Mackenzy Bernadeau is questionable as a starter based on performance. Depending on how quickly Waters gets back into playing shape, Bernadeau's spot could be up for grabs. Leary is likely to remain on the line given how much the Cowboys brain-trust gushes about his ability.
More from Blogging The Boys:
- Dallas Cowboys Acquire DE Caesar Rayford In Trade With Colts
- Start'Em Or Sit'Em? Fantasy Advice For Those Cowboys On Your Roster
- NFL Power Rankings, Week 1: Cowboys A Top 10 Team?
- Could Doug Free Be The Cowboys' 2013 MVP?
- Cowboys News: Romo's New Motion, Claiborne's Mind Ahead Of His Body, Special Teams A Focus