As Cowboys fans, we get to spend the entire day perusing the rest of the league and enjoying the fan experience. This is why the NFL is so great. Fantasy football has evolved to the point that every single game probably holds some importance for everybody; as either you or your opponent will have someone playing in most matchups. This adds on top to the gambling angle, where you can find a temporary favorite team based on who you placed a wager on.
In honor of that, I'll resuscitate last year's "OMG it's KD's ATS" posts that died out around midseason. I ended on a high note, closing down shop after an extremely successful Week 7 that saw me go 12-1 picking straight-up winners, 11-2 against the spread and 9-4 against the Over/Under.
My 2012 final totals: 63-41 straight up, 54-50 ATS, 58-45 Over/Under. Of course, I also won the BTB Front-Page Writer's Season-long Pick'Em Contest with a correct percentage of .684. I hope to carry that over to 2013. As a note, those predictions are made early in the week, so my weekend advice may differ from what I went with in that thread.
Week 1 Lines & Predictions (click on column headers to sort) A '*" indicates a pick I really like
|Lines From Sportsbook.com||KD's Picks|
|Baltimore at DENVER||01_Thursday||Ravens||8.5||BRONCOS||49.5||Ravens||---||---|
|New England at BUFFALO||02_Sun, 1pm||BILLS||10.0||Patriots||51.5||Patriots*||BILLS||Over*|
|Seattle at CAROLINA||03_Sun, 1pm||PANTHERS||3.0||Seahawks||45||Seahawks||Seahawks||Under|
|Cincinnati at CHICAGO||04_Sun, 1pm||Bengals||3.0||BEARS||42||BEARS||BEARS||Over|
|Miami at CLEVELAND||05_Sun, 1pm||Dolphins||EVEN||BROWNS||41||BROWNS||BROWNS||Under|
|Minnesota at DETROIT||06_Sun, 1pm||Vikings||4.0||LIONS||46.5||Vikings||Vikings||Under|
|Oakland at INDIANAPOLIS||07_Sun, 1pm||Raiders||10.5||COLTS||47||COLTS*||COLTS||Under|
|Kansas City at JACKSONVILLE||08_Sun, 1pm||JAGUARS||3.5||Chiefs||42.5||Chiefs*||Chiefs*||Under|
|Atlanta at NEW ORLEANS||09_Sun, 1pm||Falcons||3.0||SAINTS||55||SAINTS||SAINTS||Over|
|Tampa Bay at NY JETS||10_Sun, 1pm||JETS||3.5||Buccaneers||39.5||Bucs*||Bucs*||Over|
|Tennessee at PITTSBURGH||11_Sun, 1pm||Titans||7.0||STEELERS||42||STEELERS||Titans||Over|
|Green Bay at SAN FRANCISCO||12_Sun, 425pm||Packers||4.5||49ERS||48.5||49ERS||Packers||Under|
|Arizona at ST LOUIS||13_Sun, 425pm||Cardinals||4.5||RAMS||42||RAMS||Cardinals||Over|
|NY Giants at DALLAS||14_Sun, 830pm||Giants||3.0||COWBOYS||50||COWBOYS*||COWBOYS*||Under|
|Philadelphia at WASHINGTON||15_Mon, 710pm||Eagles||3.5||REDSKINS||52.5||REDSKINS||REDSKINS||Over*|
|Houston at SAN DIEGO||16_Mon, 1020pm||CHARGERS||5.0||Texans||44.5||Texans*||Texans||Under|
Here's a look at some great Fantasy Resources for you entering Week 1.
- Injury Updates, via Rotoworld
* Victor Cruz (heel) is listed as probable after practicing in full all week. He's a must-start.
* Jason Pierre-Paul (back) will be a game time decision.
* Defensive end Anthony Spencer is listed as doubtful while Jay Ratliff is on the PUP. David Wilson has a nice matchup.
- Jaimey Eisenberg's Start'Em or Sit'Em (CBS Sports)
- Miles Austin (vs. NYG): When Austin is healthy, he produces. Just ask the Giants. In three of his past four meetings with the Giants, Austin has at least 12 Fantasy points in a standard league. He combined for 13 catches, 206 yards and one touchdown in the two games against the Giants in 2012. His hamstring problems appear fine now, and the Giants have a banged up secondary. All the Cowboys are worth starting in this matchup, and we consider Austin a quality No. 2 receiver or flex depending on the size of your league.
- Sunday Morning Report (Weather, complete injury reports) KFFL.com
- Weather Forecast: Clear. Low of 75F. Winds from the South at 5 to 10 mph.
- Yahoo! Week 1 Rankings: Quarterbacks | Running Backs | Wideouts | Tight Ends
- CBS Top 150 Flex Rankings
- Every Sunday morning you can check the live chat War Room at SB Nation Fantasy. We strongly recommend you head over there if you have any questions about who to start/sit or injuries for today's games.
Keep up with all of our Fantasy Coverage
So there you have it. Use this thread to discuss any and everything about the side of the NFL that we "control". Now, it's time for me to troll the grocery store nearest FedEx Field with my Cowboys jersey and hat on. Football's back!