Decided to take a quick break from studying for the MCAT to make some BOLD Predictions about tonight's draft. Remember to take these with a grain of salt, just like everything else you heard about the draft these past days. Also, if some of these don't seem that bold to you, I am trying to stay closer to Bold than to Stupid.
1) Mike Evans will be the first receiver off the board: I like Sammy Watkins but I dont know why I have a feeling Evans will go ahead of him.
2) Bridgewater and Manziel will go Top 10. Bortles will not.
3) Jimmie Ward will be the second safety off the board. He will jump ahead of HHCD or Pryor.
4) 8 Wide Receivers will go in the first round. I think this breaks a record but I'm not sure.
5) No more than 2 DT's will go in the first round. I'm thinking Donald and Nix. The others slide into round two.
6) There will be at least 2 picks in the top 16 that are considered major reaches (Along the lines of the DJ Hayden selection by Oakland last year). Another 3 picks in the bottom 16 will also be considered major reaches (Like the Long, Pugh and Frederick selections last year).
7) If he stays healthy, Clowney gets 12+ sacks. No other rookie gets more than 6.
Well, back to studying. Let me know what you think ...