My local paper, The Atlanta Journal-Constitution, does this thing where it asks someone in the sports world to give us "five things" about a subject. Here's today's edition:
Philadelphia Daily News columnist Bill Conlin gives us the five things Terrell Owens can expect when he returns to Philly on Oct. 8 as a member of the Dallas Cowboys:
- Sign at Airport: "T.O. --- Uncle Junior says Welcome to Philly."
- Lincoln Financial Field security checks turn up seven hoagies containing concealed deadly weapons.
- Donovan McNabb throws up when T.O. is introduced.
- In NFL record for body paint messages, 24 shirtless fans display "T-E-R-R-E-L-L O-W-E-N-S R-E-A-L-L-Y S-T-I-N-K-S."
- Philly's two newspapers, recently purchased by Women's Wear Daily, praise T.O.'s bold fashion statements.
Peerless Price proves there's no place like home.
Bills | Price contract update
Updating previous reports, ESPN.com reports Buffalo Bills WR Peerless Price signed a four year deal with the team worth over $10 million. There are also additional incentives in the contract for Price if he becomes the team's No. 1 receiver.