Todd Archer from DMN talks about 6 players who need to have good camps (sub req)
to either remain on the roster or vie for playing time.
- Kevin Burentt. Now dboysrback and I have been going round and round on this guy, but I personally don't think he'll be 100% after having ACL surgery. I hope I'm wrong and he's a big contributor, but I have my doubts.
- Patrick Crayton. This guy was looking great until he broke his ankle against the Giants in week 6 last year. After that he never looked the same. He needs to have a good camp to re-establish himself as the third wideout.
- Al Johnson. This guy could hold the key to our offensive line success. If he continues to rotate with Gurode, that won't be a good thing.
- Scott Shanle. This guy is a very good special teamer and decent backup, but with all the talent we added at LB this year, he will be caught in a numbers crunch.
- Terrence Copper. Great special teams gunner, he will be pushed by Ahmad Merritt, Miles Austin and Sam Hurd to retain a roster spot.
- Kenyon Coleman. Very good backup 3-4 DE, and like Copper, could be caught in a numbers game with draft pick Jason Hatcher.
Ya gotta run the ball and stop the run, and these guys need to step up their game in a major way if we're going to have a shot at playing in Miami in February.