You can always count on Todd Archer for a nice, factual article...that is full of speculation! But hey, it's free agency, that's what we do, speculate...so let's get to it. (BTW, I like Archer as a beat writer, I think he does a good job).
* The Cowboys did not ignore the defensive side of the ball, talking with the agent for recently released linebacker Joey Porter.
* Another possibility at right tackle is Kansas City's Jordan Black, although a visit has not been set up yet.
* In the market for a backup quarterback after cutting Drew Bledsoe, the Cowboys have an interest in veteran Brad Johnson, who started 14 games for Minnesota in 2006.
* Another possibility is Patrick Ramsey, who was cut by the New York Jets on Friday.
* ...kicker Martin Gramatica is closer to returning after his agent, Jack Reale, expressed optimism a deal could be done over the weekend.
The Cowboys paid Terry Glenn his bonus.
The Cowboys took the first step in retaining their two starting wide receivers for 2007 on Friday when the team picked up the $5 million roster bonus of Terry Glenn.
"I've talked to Terry and he's very excited," [Ray] Sherman said. "Terry is a tremendous player and he's worked really hard to get himself physically bigger and keep his speed. He's a great route runner with great hands and he's an outstanding player. A big-time player who I'm looking forward to working with."