The most awkward Saturday during NFL season is the Saturday of the bye week. The Cowboys are taking 3 days off for the bye, so there won't be much news coming out of Valley Ranch.
So what could be better than catching up on your football reading on a slow Saturday morning? Below you'll find a link collection of mostly stat-heavy yet highly interesting posts from other SB Nation blogs.
Today, we serve up lines and odds for the weekend games for those so inclined, have the top fantasy players for week four, see why the Cowboys are compared to a Humungo Burger and much more collected statistical wisdom from around SB Nation.
- If They Were Food -- Week 4 Power Rankings. Orange Rush from the Mile High Report serves one of the most original Power Rankings I've read in a long while and likens the 14th ranked Cowboys to a Burger from the Humungo Burger chain: "Everyone thinks they like Humungo Burger because they spend the most money on advertising, but when you go there you get the impression they're not really trying."
- Some Clarification is in Order: Steady Backs versus Burst Backs. maxwellsdemon from the Mile High report looks at which feature backs get their YPC averages by big gains, thus offsetting a poor average versus which feature backs run close to their average consistently.
- On the SB Nation NFL page, Joel Thorman breaks down and predicts all of this weekend's NFL matchups. He doesn't like the Gaints even though they're playing at home, and has the Eagles over the Redskins in what he thinks will be a very tough and close NFC East battle.
- Also on SB Nation, Andrew Sharp partners up with Odds Shark to bring you a look at the lines and odds in week four.
- Kudos also to BTB-member Fan in Thick and Thin for his piece "Wed Morning QB: What I Liked, Didn’t Like, and a Leonard Davis size digression on the myth of run-pass balance" which is a great piece of Saturday reading if you haven't read it yet. Hint: The length of the title is highly correlated to the length of the article.
- Need some fantasy advice? SB Nation has top player rankings for Week 4 that are derived from analyzing 17 sources from around the Net. The author of the post may be familiar around these parts.
- Statistics 101: The Wide Receiver Edition. James Real of The Falcoholic offers a beginner's guide with some commonly used and some lesser known statistics used to evaluate wide receivers.
- Statistics 101: The Offensive Line Edition: Yesterday, James followed up his earlier post with a look at the o-line and some stats used to measure offensive line performance.
- A Grand Experiment (Connecting the Gas Line). BShrout from the Mile High Report continues his look at Yards per Point in all its iterations.
- The Only Realistic Game Plan for Green Bay. Two weeks ago, PozDispenser from Buffalo Rumblings revealed a highly innovative but ultimately futile gameplan for beating the Packers.