We are counting down the hours until the 2010 Season finally, finally kicks off with a rematch of last year's conference championship game between the Saints and Vikings. This season we will continue the BTB tradition of having the front-page writers embarrass themselves by publicly picking their winners for the coming NFL weekend.
"After we're done pickin', you start grinnin'."
Each week, the powerful minds behind BTB will get together and wrangle out both their individual picks as well as a consensus pick for each game. This weekend's uncontested consensus picks: The Titans, Patriots, 49ers, Packers (vs. Eagles) and Chargers.
Which one of the frontpagers will win the season crown?
- Dave, because he's the boss and will make everyone else kowtow before him? (Notice how I put him in first place on this bullet list while everyone else is listed alphabetically? Big time and exemplary kowtowing there.)
- Aaron with straight-up awesomeness?
- Brandon, who follows a very scientific method of picking games: He picks the best team?
- Martin with his insider knowledge of team dynamics?
- OCC with a proprietary mathematical/statistical prognosticating tool containing lots of non-of-your business?
- rabblerousr, who's already won a season-long prediction pool before? The secret of his mojo is a ratty old Cowboys t-shirt. Fear the tee!
Week 1, 2010 Selections