As any of you who read the post in which I ranked the top draftniks knows, I hold the NFL Network's Mike Mayock in the highest esteem. While numerous other pick-em pundits have already published (and revised) their lists of the top players in the draft, Mayock has withheld such rankings from us, merely teasing us with a top-5 at each position list. Until today, that is. Yes indeedy, Cowboys fans, Mayock has come out with his list of the top 32 players, replete with some fun surprises. To name a few:
- Marcell Dareus is the top player in the draft, followed by Von Miller.
- He has one quarterback, Blaine Gabbert, in his top ten. Jake Locker and Cam Newton come in at 20 and 21, respectively.
- Although he has Anthony Castonzo listed as his top OT, he writes that either he or Tyron Smith (#13) could be the top tackle.
- Muhummad Wilkerson hits the list at a surprising #18.
- Like Wilkerson, some of the players Cowboys fans are hoping to see on the board at pick 40 would be long gone if teams adhered to Mayock's board: Aaron Williams (26); Cam Heyward (27); Phil Taylor (29).
Whaddya think, BTBers? Who did Mayock rank too high? Too low?