The following just rolled across the modern news wire, also known as Twitter, from Nick Eatman at the mother ship.
RT @nickeatman Waters to injured reserve ... Cb Micah Pellerin signed to 53— Blogging The Boys (@BloggingTheBoys) November 2, 2013
So it is official, as Tom Ryle wrote yesterday, Micah Pellerin will be called up to the 53 man roster. In order to make room for Pellerin on the roster, the Cowboys decided to place veteran guard Brian Waters on Injured Reserve. Although Waters was thought to be pushing for an opportunity to try to rehab his Triceps injury, with hopes to return later in the year, the decision was ultimately made to shut him down for the year.
The moves place Mackenzie Bernadeau back into the starting lineup and opens up all sorts of combinations along the offensive line in the event of an injury to one of the guards.
More from Blogging The Boys:
- Week Ten: CFB Open Thread Plus Our First 2014 Mock Draft
- Cowboys vs. Vikings 2013: Game Time, TV Schedule, Channel & Map, Online Streaming, Radio, Injury Report
- Dallas Cowboys News & Notes: Cowboys "Optimistic About What Lies Ahead."
- Ponder This: Vikings Finally Decide On QB For Dallas Game
- Micah Pellerin Latest Practice Squad Call-Up For Cowboys