If you're fortunate enough to still be alive in fantasy football it means one of two things. Either you are in a joke of a league that includes Week 17 on the schedule (never sign up with those guys again) or you have made it to the league finals.
Truth is, there isn't much advice that you need today, because you've done a pretty good job of navigating your way to this point. In the main BTB league Fear The Star Original, we pride ourselves in having a truly competitive league. The winners from each of the other three FTS leagues "graduate" to our league to compete with the front-page writers and the Final Four from the previous year. This year was so tough that the two-time defending champion, Magic, didn't make the playoffs.
Today, myself and our esteemed leader Dave Halprin face off for the league crown. You can get a glimpse of the battle here.
As for the rest of the world, injury news is the biggest concern. If you were able to survive last week without Adrian Peterson, you have been rewarded. He's playing today. In Cowboys-land, the biggest question is whether or not workhorse DeMarco Murray will get the rock against the porous Washington defense. The Cowboys have the best running game in the league since Nov 1st and refuse to pound the rock.
Want more? Here's our resource rundown.
Injury Updates, via Rotoworld
* Terrance Williams (hamstring) is listed as questionable after getting a "limited" practice in on Friday. He will be a game time decision, but hasn’t had value since Miles Austin returned to the lineup.
* Dwayne Harris (hamstring) has been ruled out for Week 16.
* Sean Lee is "hopeful" he'll be able to play in Week 17, but is out this week making Alfred Morris’ prospects better.
* Washington placed Jordan Reed on injured reserve with a concussion, ending his season.
* Darrel Young practiced on a limited basis on Friday and is listed as questionable. If he can go it helps Alfred Morris.
Jamey Eisenberg's Start'Em or Sit'Em (CBS Sports)
Kirk Cousins (vs. DAL): Cousins has made two starts in his young NFL career, and in both of them he's passed for at least 325 yards and two touchdowns, with the latest coming in Week 15 at Atlanta, when he had 27 Fantasy points in place of the benched Robert Griffin III. He could make it 3 for 3 against the Cowboys, who have struggled with backup quarterbacks in Josh McCown and Flynn the past two games. That duo combined for 647 passing yards, nine total touchdowns and one interception for 79 Fantasy points. It sets up for Cousins to stay hot, and Dallas has also allowed eight quarterbacks to score at least 25 Fantasy points this season. It's obviously a risk to trust an unproven second-year quarterback like Cousins, but he's playing for his future and so far is doing a decent job.
Bust alert: Tony Romo (at WAS): I hope Romo proves me wrong because I'm starting him in one championship game because my opponent grabbed Cousins off waivers first. Romo has been hit or miss against the Redskins lately. He struggled at home against Washington in Week 6 with 170 passing yards, one touchdown and one interception and has six touchdowns and six interceptions in his past three meetings with the Redskins overall. In his past five trips to Washington, Romo has just one game with more than 20 Fantasy points, which was 2011. The Cowboys have lost consecutive games against Chicago and Green Bay despite DeMarco Murray being a beast on the ground, and Dallas would be smart to rely on Murray this week. Also, for what it's worth, Washington has held the past three opposing quarterbacks -- Manning, Smith and Ryan -- to 17 Fantasy points or less, which could also impact Romo's performance.
Sunday Morning Report (Weather, complete injury reports) KFFL.com
Weather Forecast: Cloudy skies with showers and a possible thunderstorm in the afternoon. High 71F. Winds SSW at 15 to 25 mph. Chance of rain 80%.
- Yahoo! Week 8 Rankings: QB | RB | WR | TE | D/ST | K
- Romo 6th, Murray 3rd, Bryant 4th, Witten 4th, Def/ST 20th, Bailey 8th
- Every Sunday morning you can check the live chat War Room at SB Nation Fantasy. We strongly recommend you head over there if you have any questions about who to start/sit or injuries for today's games.
Don't Forget To Enter KDP's 10 For 10 - Click Here!