The 2013 NFL draft is still 30 days away, the Cowboys probably aren't going to do anything in free agency anytime soon and there's not much breaking Cowboys news today either. What better time for some mock draft fun?
The challenge for you: Create a Dallas Cowboys Mock Draft.
This is the second time this year we're doing this exercise, after doing our first one in January. So go ahead, create your Mock Draft for the Dallas Cowboys and submit it for a peer review by your Blogging The Boys peers. The BTB community will hand out recommendations for those mocks they like the most, and the winner even gets a prize this time around!
But wait. There are rules. You can't just pick whatever players you like.
- We will use Drafttek's Mock Draft from March 26, 2013 as the basis for all mock drafts. We will assume that all draft-eligible players will be available at exactly the spot the Drafttek Mock Draft puts them at.
- Dallas owns the no. 18, 47, 80, 114, 151 and 185 picks.
- You pick at your exact spot or anywhere below that (e.g. 18th or anywhere from 18 to 28 or so)
- You are allowed only one trade down. The value you give up in the trade up must be equal to or greater than the value you receive, e.g. your 18th (900 pts) pick could get you Minnesota's 25th and 83rd picks (895 pts). Drafttek has Jonathan Cooper mocked to the Rams at #22, so trading down in the first round will probably be quite appealing for most Cowboys fans.
- You may however trade up as often as you want. Again though, the value you give up in the trade up must be equal to or greater than the value you receive, e.g. your 18th (900 pts) and your 80th (190 pts) picks could get you the 15th pick (1,050 pts).
- Use this handy draft pick value calculator and the draft value chart immediately below it, it will make this exercise a lot easier.